Give away giveaway - winner selected

So, with the bladeforums getting a facelift changing things up, as well as myself changing jobs, changing things up, (and getting her "the ring" a few weeks ago, "changing things up"), I just felt inclined to do a GAW cuz it's been a while and just because it's spring time and the weather was nice...

I'm no rich man between changing jobs and purchasing a ring, (and also trading in my truck for a newer vehicle), AND many of you already have much nicer knives in your collections, (and pockets), then I'm willing or able to Give away at present, so I decided to give away a pair of decent budget knives but there is a catch... The catch is that the winner HAS to agree to give them away to someone else who they know could use, (or is in need of), a good pair of practical knives.
Obviously I can't enforce this, but I trust your word.
1 large folder, 1 fixed blade.

We all know someone who could appreciate the gesture; a nephew, a neighbor, a coworker, the mailman?

Prize(s):
Buck Bantam BHW; gold viper (used)
Mora Companion SS; od green (brand new)

Entry:
Who do you plan on passing it forward to?

Offer is only open to US and Canadian mailing addresses.
*as per this forums rules you must be a paying member.

Winner will be selected at random on cinco de Mayo; 5/5/17

Last edited:
I would give them to my son, his birthday is Thursday, does that count as giving them away? I have been buying him knives for a couple years now and trying to grow his interest and collection. He is 13.

I will not participate my friend but I just wanted to say Congratulations on your proposal! We just passed 6 years.
Hope the new job goes as awesome too :)
Someone can use these knives.
All the best!

Hmm... I'm not entering GAWs right now because my luck has been good, but if I do it on behalf of someone else...

I will give this some thought. If I come up with a good nomination I will enter. Thank you for the generosity.

SoCal; thanks, we've been together 7 years and change and have a 4 year old son, definitely time to take it up a notch.
And the new job is actually an old job with a different company, so yeah, all is well.

I am a newer member, and only joined in December. I have since gained even more of an appreciation for knives (which I didn't think was possible, I've been obsessed since i was a toddler) and what kind of a bond someone can have with a knife that has a good story. So If I won, I would ask you to send the knife to panoz77 so that he could gift the knives to his son. Nothing better than a knife your Dad gave to you.
Good luck everyone and thank you strategy9 strategy9 for your generosity!

I'm in. My brother and I have a tradition of giving each other a knife on our birthday. If I were to win I would give him the knives. Thanks for a great contest.
Cosmo

Cool idea thank you for the opportunity. If I should win ill be passing these on to a fellow knife knut I know that is a big fan of Buck. :thumbsup:

I like the idea. I'll give them to two of my trip leaders at camp this summer (I run outdoor programs for summer camps)

This is a great idea, I would give these to my 2 sons to use on our camping trips so they will stop bugging me to use my knives :D

Thanks for the contest. I would give them to my niece who has started buying herself knives (age 12).

Not a whole lot of entries, this morning on the way to take the kids to school I asked my 4 yr old to pick a number between 1-7, with no idea why he chose 6.

So BWatt BWatt , enjoy those camping trips with your boys not asking for your knives anymore

Message me your mailing address and I'll get the prizes in the mail.

Last edited:
P panoz77
The weekend came And went and I still haven't heard from bwatt, so 6 members left, I rolled a dice, came up on #2, that would be polynikes, and poly wanted to give them to you. Msg me your contact info.

Can I message as a basic member? I am going to try and send you a PM

And big thanks Polynikes from my son and I.

Strategy9, I left my information on your profile page, let me know by replying to this thread when you have it because I am going to go back and delete it after you write it down, thanks again.

I am a newer member, and only joined in December. I have since gained even more of an appreciation for knives (which I didn't think was possible, I've been obsessed since i was a toddler) and what kind of a bond someone can have with a knife that has a good story. So If I won, I would ask you to send the knife to panoz77 so that he could gift the knives to his son. Nothing better than a knife your Dad gave to you.
Good luck everyone and thank you strategy9 strategy9 for your generosity!

Very generous of you Polynikes :)
Thanks

Deleted it for you, I have it written down. Will ship as soon as I can get to the p.o.
Strategy9, I left my information on your profile page, let me know by replying to this thread when you have it because I am going to go back and delete it after you write it down, thanks again.

Back