Giving the Bugout One Last Chance with the Blade HQ g10 Exclusive

My wife surprised me with the Blade HQ Exclusive 940 for Christmas. Unbelievable knife, with the natural g10 scales and black M4 blade. I'm typically not a fan of black blades, because I hate when they scratch, but this knife looks amazing, and the action is everything I hoped it would be. After owning it for a few months, I know why the 940 is so iconic. And this is my first experience with M4 steel. Very happy with this knife. I don't think I've carried another of my knives besides the Bugout and the 940 since Christmas.
The 940 Blade HQ Exclusive is my first Benchmade Osborne as well. Awesome Knife! It's one of the few that makes my rotation...

I'm on an email waiting list from Flytanium for the black G10 scales. The response I got from them was the black G10 has no approximate date for restocking. So the black G10 is unavailable for the foreseeable future they said. I want a black G10 and the blue full backspacer for mine.

I have AWT aluminum scales in gray that I've had on but they feel too slippy for my liking.

I'm on an email waiting list from Flytanium for the black G10 scales. The response I got from them was the black G10 has no approximate date for restocking. So the black G10 is unavailable for the foreseeable future they said. I want a black G10 and the blue full backspacer for mine.

I have AWT aluminum scales in gray that I've had on but they feel too slippy for my liking.
Black G10 scales and blue backspacer? That sounds gorgeous. I'd love to see pics when you've got the setup.

Black G10 scales and blue backspacer? That sounds gorgeous. I'd love to see pics when you've got the setup.
I will definitely post here when I find some scales. Not likely anytime soon seeing as Flytanium is moving at a snails pace getting black G10 in stock. Wish BM would sell their G10 scales.

I will definitely post here when I find some scales. Not likely anytime soon seeing as Flytanium is moving at a snails pace getting black G10 in stock. Wish BM would sell their G10 scales.
That would be nice. Kinda tongue-in-cheek how BM suggests that you not void your warranty, and then sells you a tool with which you can void your warranty. If they're gonna go, they might as well go all the way and sell upgrade components, undercutting their aftermarket competitors with scale.

I just ordered some Rock Scale design titanium critter scales for my Bailout. Gonna slap em on and post em here when it's all done.

That would be nice. Kinda tongue-in-cheek how BM suggests that you not void your warranty, and then sells you a tool with which you can void your warranty. If they're gonna go, they might as well go all the way and sell upgrade components, undercutting their aftermarket competitors with scale.

I just ordered some Rock Scale design titanium critter scales for my Bailout. Gonna slap em on and post em here when it's all done.
You're not kidding about the warranty. Seriously Blade HQ sells all sorts of knives that have a disclaimer that the warranty is already voided because they messed with them. The Bugout for one and all the Auto Bokers. Honestly for the price of my Bugout I am not at all concerned about the warranty. Mine was I think $110 after tax and shipping. Rock Scale is what I'm grabbing for the titanium back spacer but not getting that until I can get my hands on the black G10

You're not kidding about the warranty. Seriously Blade HQ sells all sorts of knives that have a disclaimer that the warranty is already voided because they messed with them. The Bugout for one and all the Auto Bokers. Honestly for the price of my Bugout I am not at all concerned about the warranty. Mine was I think $110 after tax and shipping. Rock Scale is what I'm grabbing for the titanium back spacer but not getting that until I can get my hands on the black G10
Slick. I'd say that's one of the fun advantages of the Bugout. Second-hand Bugouts are so affordable that you can get a bunch and tinker around with them. I'm definitely looking into getting a bunch for my friends and tricking each one out in a way that will be useful to the specific friend.

I'm going to dredge up this thread because I ordered one as my first BM knife. The G10 put it over the finish line for me. The $145 price doesn't seem bad.

Back