Glennbad is a baaaad man

I sent the Glennbad an old Imperial Barlow recently to have the covers replaced on it, while he had it in his possession I caught a wild hair and decided to get him to rework a TL-29 for good measure, since I haven't bought a new knife in while (a month and a half according to She Who Must be Obeyed), I had saw some of Glen's work on here and saw he is an awesome craftsman so I told him to do the best he could with the poor Imperial, as for the TL-29 I asked for him to make it an easy open and to do a wharnie conversion on the screwdriver blade, those were the only instructions I gave him, and left the rest in his very capable hands (at one time he did ask me if I wanted a shield on the TL-29 and I threw it back on him, whatever he thought was best) What i got back is nothing short of amazing, he did such a fantastic job that when I opened the package I couldn't get my jaw off the floor. he did the Barlow in a beautiful jigged bone and the TL-29 in a beautiful ebony. I wish my photography skills were up to Glens work, hopefully Glen will be along with pictures soon, I will get some substandard pictures tomorrow after work, it has gotten dark here in Bat Country and I am just getting off a 24 hour shift (yay "Fireman" shifts) I posted this to let everyone know that if they have any doubt of Glennbad's work to have no doubt, the man is amazing.

With my lack of pictures basically making this thread worthless please feel free to post pictures of any knives Glennbad has done for you

Last edited:
Well, indeed, this thread IS useless without pics. HT was gracious enough to give me pretty much free reign on what I did to his projects.

This Imperial barlow is your standard variety stamped shell construction...

Dis-assembly...

And here is the finished product. New NS bolsters. I had some jigged bone that wasn't really dyed well, so I played around with some dyeing techniques. It came out kind of dark brown, with a lighter shade underneath. Kind of gives it a stag look IMO. I left the edges rough, like sawcut. I left the blades in their "used" state. It's a different build, but I like how it came out.

The other knife to follow....

Great job, Glenn! I love the contrast of the shiny new bolsters and the well used blades.

Holy smokes that's beautiful! Why am I craving some morel mushrooms;)

Never get tired of seeing your craftsmanship!! The TL looks fantastic!!

Very nice work. Man, now ya got me thinking. I've got a nice jigged bone Case TL-29 type, but with a mild hawkbill main blade and a liner locking screwdriver blade. A locking wharnie would be an interesting little carver knife. Not that I carve, but I like to harass a stick now and then.

Congratulations hunter - and great work Glenn!!!

Love them both, the Barlow turned out really nice!

best

mqqn

That jigged bone on the barlow is saweeeeet. It's a nice look with the new bolsters and old blades. Nice job Glenn!

Wow, absolutely astonishing, it's hard to believe they're the same knives! Fantastic work, as always, sir. Great thread :thumbup:

Back