Glennbad is a baaaad man

I wanted this pattern because of the history - you can see a number of this pattern in the knives from the steamship Arabia wreck. And, of course, I wanted ebony. Glenn worked his magic, here it is at its new home:
17ZFmFZ.jpg
I had to do some research. Super cool to see all the patterns...some of them look familiar too!!! The barlows are amazing but I like the larger knives. If knives could talk!

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're feeling better and I hope your Aruba trip was extremely memorable. I believe all of us are more concerned about your health than we are about being on a backlog.

I pray you're feeling better, Glenn! The allergens have been crazy bad here in Texas this year, as well!
Ron

Here's a couple new ones. The company I work for does a spaghetti supper fundraiser every year for local charities. This year we are doing it for the Police Athletic League in our city. I did the 72 for raffle, and the Buck is a silent auction item.

mpal1.jpg
mpal2.jpg

My turn to post in this wonderful thread.

The Craftsman barlow that Glenn fitted with the brown/red jigged bone caugh my attention a year or so ago. I have several Craftsman/Old Timer-style barlows that are good knives but the dull, worn and often faded plastic handles never inspired me to carry them very much.
5RCbAq2.jpg

Glenn’s re-handled Craftsman inspired me to inquire if he might be interested in sprucing up a few similar knives. Of course, I had to have some of that red jigged bone but opted to put it on an old Western instead. The two Craftsman barlows might make a nice contrasting pair, sort of an ebony/ivory thing maybe. And finally, I asked him to choose a material to put on an Old Timer I had. It was a little beat up so I sent along a second knife to cannibalize for parts if necessary.

This week Glenn returned the knives and I couldn’t have been more pleased. The Western turned out great with that gorgeous jigged bone and the contrasting pair with the smooth white bone and ebony are equally beautiful.

Perhaps the most shocking was the Old Timer tricked out in stunning mammoth and because he did not need to use the second Old Timer for parts he went ahead and outfitted it with a set of handles of beautiful knobby, craggy stag.

The results are shown below and I think we can all agree that Glenn is an absolute magician when it comes to reviving old knives. I’ll be carrying each one of these for the next few weeks and will post each individually to show what a fine job was done to give these old knives a new life.

Special thanks to Glenn crafting these lovely knives - your work will be enjoyed for years to come!

m42Gvf2.jpg

Welcome back and hope you had a couple of toasts to good health while in Aruba. That's certainly the place to get rid of "winter" allergies.--KV

Congrats, Atiger Atiger ! Phenomenal job, glennbad glennbad ! Your Western makes a great brother to my Craftsman (which I believe is the knife you're referencing)! I love that smooth white bone, and that mammoth looks like it blends right in with some of your 100 year old natural bone barlows.

I just received back from Glenn my project knives. They were originally a Case Sowbelly and a Case Mini-trapper with caplifter secondary. I had Glenn swap the spey from the sowbelly with the caplifter from the mini-trapper, thus creating the first Beerbelly! I actually didn't even care if the mini-trapper was salvageable, but Glenn did a stellar job and produced two fine working knives. The Beerbelly will get A LOT of pocket time. :D

Before: Sowbelly
6X5R7Cp.jpg

After: Beerbelly
zYAQlA8.jpg

1bJDgK9.jpg

The caplifter should have had the nail nick on the other side, but Glenn made it work anyway, and I'm completely stoked with it.

Short spey mini-trapper
Tb4D50M.jpg

Welcome back and hope you had a couple of toasts to good health while in Aruba. That's certainly the place to get rid of "winter" allergies.--KV

I probably toasted a little too much to my health, LOL

I just received back from Glenn my project knives. They were originally a Case Sowbelly and a Case Mini-trapper with caplifter secondary. I had Glenn swap the spey from the sowbelly with the caplifter from the mini-trapper, thus creating the first Beerbelly! I actually didn't even care if the mini-trapper was salvageable, but Glenn did a stellar job and produced two fine working knives. The Beerbelly will get A LOT of pocket time. :D

Before: Sowbelly
6X5R7Cp.jpg

After: Beerbelly
zYAQlA8.jpg

1bJDgK9.jpg

The caplifter should have had the nail nick on the other side, but Glenn made it work anyway, and I'm completely stoked with it.

Short spey mini-trapper
Tb4D50M.jpg

That beerbelly is unique and cool, use it well!

I think the mini trapper was from one of my giveaways. Glenn did a nice job.

Back