Glennbad is a baaaad man

The latest example of why Glenn is a Baaaad Man! :D

In early December '17 a friend acquired two knives from A. Wright for me. These were the large model Lambsfoot pattern. One was in Pere David Stag and one was Buffalo Horn. The Stag was a noted second with a repaired crack in one end of the mark side handle. That was totally acceptable with me. The horn model was obviously a first quality knife and it had had some of the most beautiful horn I have ever saw on the mark side. The pile side was nice but nothing like the mark side. To make a long story short, the horn model developed a horrible case of warpage. It was worse than anything I could have imagined. I took pictures and Jack showed them to Wright's but they didn't really have any answers. I loved the horn knife because it had excellent fit and finish and the fact that my friend was so kind to pick it out for me. I decided to have it fixed where I could enjoy it to the fullest! I contacted our friend glennbad glennbad and we decided to rehaft the Lambsfoot with some Ironwood that Glenn had on hand. I think the results speak for themselves in the photos. I know that Ironwood can be difficult to photo because of the orange and brown tones that show up in different angles of the light. These photos really do not show the beautiful grain to the fullest. I really appreciate Glenn's work and the skill he exhibited in making this into one of my most cherished Lambsfoot knives.

The beautiful horn as it left the factory or before photo. The severe warpage developed in the end next to the bolsters. I had some photos that showed the warpage but I believe I have misplaced them on another device for now.
38278059454_9d339e7571_b.jpg

These are the photos that were taken this morning. Thanks Glenn for a terrific job! :D
43670134661_a4098ae2e2_b.jpg

41862053910_e05d3dd6af_b.jpg

41862053680_38c70c79d9_b.jpg

Last edited:
The latest example of why Glenn is a Baaaad Man! :D

In early December '17 a friend acquired two knives from A. Wright for me. These were the large model Lambsfoot pattern. One was in Pere David Stag and one was Buffalo Horn. The Stag was a noted second with a repaired crack in one end of the mark side handle. That was totally acceptable with me. The horn model was obviously a first quality knife and it had had some of the most beautiful horn I have ever saw on the mark side. The pile side was nice but nothing like the mark side. To make a long story short, the horn model developed a horrible case of warpage. It was worse than anything I could have imagined. I took pictures and Jack showed them to Wright's but they didn't really have any answers. I loved the horn knife because it had excellent fit and finish and the fact that my friend was so kind to pick it out for me. I decided to have it fixed where I could enjoy it to the fullest! I contacted our friend glennbad glennbad and we decided to rehaft the Lambsfoot with some Ironwood that Glenn had on hand. I think the results speak for themselves in the photos. I know that Ironwood can be difficult to photo because of the orange and brown tones that show up in different angles of the light. These photos really do not show the beautiful grain to the fullest. I really appreciate Glenn's work and the skill he exhibited in making this into one of my most cherished Lambsfoot knives.

The beautiful horn as it left the factory or before photo. The severe warpage developed in the end next to the bolsters. I had some photos that showed the warpage but I believe I have misplaced them on another device for now.
38278059454_9d339e7571_b.jpg

These are the photos that were taken this morning. Thanks Glenn for a terrific job! :D
43670134661_a4098ae2e2_b.jpg

41862053910_e05d3dd6af_b.jpg

41862053680_38c70c79d9_b.jpg

Fantastic work Glenn (as always) :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Ron, every cloud has a silver lining my friend :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful! That ironwood has some great character..excellent choice:thumbsup:

Love seeing glennbad's work, outstanding. And love seeing the latest...means mine is moving up the line:D

Beautiful blade, use it well..

Fantastic work Glenn (as always) :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Ron, every cloud has a silver lining my friend :) :thumbsup:
Yes it seems that way my friend! :cool: :)

Beautiful! That ironwood has some great character..excellent choice:thumbsup:

Love seeing glennbad's work, outstanding. And love seeing the latest...means mine is moving up the line:D

Beautiful blade, use it well..
Thanks for the compliment! I’m sure you will be pleased when your number is called! :thumbsup: :)

Geez, it's been quite a while since I posted in this thread. It's been quite a busy summer for me. Work-wise, family life, all of it. I've been working steady on projects when time allows, so I am chipping away at backlog. Blew out my arm finishing up my wall project this year, so that is fun. Don't know exactly what is wrong with it, but the pain is manageable. Here's a pic of the wall project...

resize.jpg

Here's some before and after pics of knife projects...

This was a Fightin' Rooster gasser, even destroyed the liner
keithvaughn1.JPG
keithvaughn1a.JPG
keithvaughn2.jpg

Recover in ivory micarta
ehiga1.JPG
ehiga3.jpg

LF&C , recovered in some nice aged stag, supplied by the customer
DaveD6.JPG
daved7.jpg
daved8.jpg

Attachments

• steveb1 resize.jpg
    steveb1 resize.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1
This one was a mercy project, someone had done a weird dye job. I rescued it with some nice amber stag and a star shield.
View attachment 1013709
View attachment 1013710
View attachment 1013711
View attachment 1013712
I saw this one on instagram a little while ago and asked the guy about it. I thought it was a custom because of the shield, but lo and behold it was a Glennbadd mod! It was the best looking 85 in his group, and there were probably 12 or so in the shot.

Glenn, there is a whole lotta "WOW" going on here tonight!!!!! Amazing creations!!!'

Back