Glennbad is a baaaad man

Nice job on the entry stonework Glenn! Place looks great! As for the knives, altogether a fantastic group, the 881 is my favorite!

Awesome work Glenn! Now I can't wait till I see what you do with my kinfe. :D Gonna be sterling work for sure!

I like the retaining wall stepped , sharp curves. Did you have to cut many blocks?
The stag and work on the Schrade is my favorite too.

I love seeing your work, unreal. You have an enviable talent for that work. I especially like the GEC 14 you rehandled.

I like the retaining wall stepped , sharp curves. Did you have to cut many blocks?
The stag and work on the Schrade is my favorite too.

Most of the cuts were for the caps, those took quite a bit of time to follow the curve of the walls. The project originally was just a retaining wall under the porch, but as you can see, it kind of grew in scope, LOL

Thought I would kick off my Monday with showing off a bit of Glenn's excellent work. This is the first (and only) knife that I have sent off to have some work done due to it coming with some pretty terrible covers and overall poor fit and finish. I ordered this horn clad Lambsfoot some time ago last year from a shop in the UK.

What I received was a bit of a disappointment. The horn had dried out and shrunk away, leaving sharply exposed liners and pins. The fit was very poor with unsightly gaps here and there and it even came with a spot of rust on the blade. After contacting Glenn and getting myself on his list, I sent him the knife with the intent of having some stag put on it to replace the horn. After having received a couple of Lambsfoot knives with some decent stag during my wait, I opted to change it to a jigged bone (a nice red, which is a favorite color of mine) after Glenn showed me a nice example. Those of you who are familiar with Wrights' knives know that their own jigged bone leaves a lot to be desired so I thought it would be nice to experience the pattern with something a bit finer.

Glenn did a tremendous job on the knife and I couldn't be happier. He replaced the covers with a beautiful crimson hued jigged bone, cleaned up the action, and was able to get rid of that spot of rust. He turned what was previously a rather unsightly knife into something rather magical.

Thank you, Glenn. I hope to send more knives your way in the future.

Some before pics from when I first received the knife:

2HuR1Qy.jpg

dVrRE9Q.jpg

N1geWkZ.jpg

Some after pics:

37yLzLn.jpg

K2khHOg.jpg

kNCbNxu.jpg

Congratulations Dylan! :cool:
Most Excellent work Glenn!! :thumbsup:
To bad that horn couldn't be saved....I kinda like it! :D

Dave

Just received this masterpiece from Glenn. Everything exceeded my expectations. The amber deeply jigged bone is exactly what I was looking for. What an enjoyable experience. Can't wait for my name to come up again. I am already ready Glenn!!!:DView attachment 1030996 View attachment 1030995 View attachment 1030997
That’s BEAUTIFUL!!! I’m anxiously awaiting my turn to send a knife to Glenn! You guys aren’t making the wait any easier, but you’re definitely assuring me that the wait will be worth it! -Lance

That’s BEAUTIFUL!!! I’m anxiously awaiting my turn to send a knife to Glenn! You guys aren’t making the wait any easier, but you’re definitely assuring me that the wait will be worth it! -Lance

Lance, it will definitely be worth the wait. I could go on and on about how pleased I am with the experience and what I received.

Back