Glennbad is a baaaad man

Two more from Glenn - an S&M Doctor’s Knife with jigged bone...

Ac9ucd3.jpg

...and a Case Swayback Gent in mammoth ivory.

JV5nSaj.jpg

Both gorgeous - Glenn is the man!

I had this horrible old Fight'n Rooster with once beautiful tortoise scales. They decided to degass in the usual manner (not sure why but tortoise seems to be especially prone to that). I sent it off to Glenn with some bloodwood that's been sitting on my workbench for years. I would not have minded if he told it it couldn't be saved; I was debating throwing it out. But what I got back is a very usable knife. Not a lot of snap to the action, but it's big enough to be a good back-pocket or picnic knife, and with the locking blade it's basically a good, old fashioned, clasp knife. Thanks again, Glenn!

Before:
8D1WHUA.jpg

After:
NGIQbBQ.jpg

nROokYa.jpg

Wait, there's more...

I figured what the heck, postage is cheap, send something else...

I had this Colonial Hobo sitting around, the black plastic scales shot but the rest in good shape so I threw it into the package. This is what came home:

IPcucAl.jpg

PQL1QjM.jpg

dpY8DKu.jpg

Glenn has done it again. The pile side stag of the 93ot is gnarly and I love it.

The amber sawcut bone turned out better than I imagined...now just need to send off a few more for the sawcut treatment!!

He hasn't even sent quite possibly the best piece yet (a 61ot in amber stag). Oh the anticipation!

gTv6Hxn.jpg

2qTdNhg.jpg

I just saw these on your other thread. Makes me want to stop buying knives and just send a few more off for new handles. That saw cut could be the reason a guy just carries one knife the rest of his life:thumbsup:

I just saw these on your other thread. Makes me want to stop buying knives and just send a few more off for new handles. That saw cut could be the reason a guy just carries one knife the rest of his life:thumbsup:

Almost eh?! ;):D

Reactions: 315
I had this horrible old Fight'n Rooster with once beautiful tortoise scales. They decided to degass in the usual manner (not sure why but tortoise seems to be especially prone to that). I sent it off to Glenn with some bloodwood that's been sitting on my workbench for years. I would not have minded if he told it it couldn't be saved; I was debating throwing it out. But what I got back is a very usable knife. Not a lot of snap to the action, but it's big enough to be a good back-pocket or picnic knife, and with the locking blade it's basically a good, old fashioned, clasp knife. Thanks again, Glenn!

Before:
8D1WHUA.jpg

After:
NGIQbBQ.jpg

nROokYa.jpg

Wait, there's more...

I figured what the heck, postage is cheap, send something else...

I had this Colonial Hobo sitting around, the black plastic scales shot but the rest in good shape so I threw it into the package. This is what came home:

IPcucAl.jpg

PQL1QjM.jpg

dpY8DKu.jpg
Outstanding Kevin. Glenn I can't believe the hobo knife! But I love the less polished bloodwood scales on the Fightin Rooster too.

Received the final two of six knives sent to Glenn for modification. The first is a GEC #15 Boys Knife with lovely ebony handles and the other is a Case Backpocket with craggy stag covers. Both are beautiful!

Finally, all six knives photographed together, a Schrade Old Timer in more of that stag, a Case damascus Swayback Gent in crosscut mammoth ivory, another Swayback in white mammoth ivory, an S&M Doctor’s Knife in brown jigged bone as well as the aforementioned #15 and Backpocket.

Glenn’s is a gentleman whose work is second to none and is a pleasure to work with.

T5ECXVt.jpg

TBEwQG0.jpg

kEtyMLt.jpg

Back