Glennbad is a baaaad man

Would love to see the work in progress photos for that, if they exist.

You'd have to ask Glenn for that. I didn't see it till it showed up at my door. But I don't think there was much too it. I know he didn't plan on taking the knife apart to do it. But he would have to elaborate on that.

You'd have to ask Glenn for that. I didn't see it till it showed up at my door. But I don't think there was much too it. I know he didn't plan on taking the knife apart to do it. But he would have to elaborate on that.
Now I'm even more intrigued.

I have no words so I'll let the pictures do the talking:
(Schrade-Walden 61ot in amber stag)

Now for a small family reunion, top left is Glenn's work, tog right is by Mr. Williams and then the bottom is a peach seed jigged bone example with coined liners. I'm a bit partial to the 61 frame....I need to dig out the rest.

It's been a long time coming, Glenn is a busy, busy man.
I sent Glenn my GEC #76 Jack in Root Beer Acrylic. It's a special knife to me, my kids found the knife shop while we were on vacation and couldn't wait to drag me there. Imagine my surprise when I saw they had some GEC knives in the display cases. My boys helped me pick my first GEC bought in a brick and mortar store. The knife always reminded me of my boys and it's become my favorite GEC pattern. If I could dream up the perfect pocket knife, it would be a GEC #76 Jack with ebony handle covers and a cool shield. So off to Glenn it went and the long wait began. Glenn showed me some available shields and as soon as I saw the sword shield I knew I found the perfect match. Both of my boys are into Fantasy novels, comics, and games like Dungeons and Dragons. The sword shield was perfect to remind me of my boys, not to mention it looks so cool and unique. While it was there I had him round off the sharp corners on the square bolsters. It feels good in-hand now. I love the knife Glenn, you did a great job!!!

I've always wanted a Camillus Streamline, but they're tough to find in decent enough shape, particularly due to celluloid out gassing.

I found one that was actually in pretty good shape, and was lucky enough to have Glenn agree to rehandle it for me.

I didn't hate it to begin with....
P1kZZ23.jpg

BUT, I want nothing to do with celluloid, and love jigged bone, so here is the upgraded Streamline stockman...
TZyOPmy.jpg

The entire knife looks splendid now, but I'm quite fond of the way the blades turned out. Still obviously old and used, but just a bit refreshed.

I truly love it, and it will be in my pocket very often.

Thank you very much glennbad glennbad !

Back