Glennbad is a baaaad man

I know some folks love orange delrin. For me, I prefer woods. Especially black woods. I have a stainless 74 Mustang that was wearing orange delrin. No more. Look at what Glenn was able to do with some Bog Oak I sent to him:

F47BAFA6-2261-499B-88F8-023BAD2CC11B_1_105_c.jpeg 64B6761B-1070-4C70-A378-A9CFADB4885C_1_105_c.jpeg A6E4678D-6160-4DD9-980D-5EDA87BC122C_1_105_c.jpeg CAB21D72-E584-4A01-BD70-07773D1A38A8_1_105_c.jpeg

If you notice the smooth parts, Glenn said he thinks those are from portions of the wood that were denser than others. Neither he nor I know a ton about bog oak (it was his first time working with it), so maybe someone else may know something. For me, it makes for some interesting and unique character (which is what wood is all about, in my opinion). Thanks Glenn!

I know some folks love orange delrin. For me, I prefer woods. Especially black woods. I have a stainless 74 Mustang that was wearing orange delrin. No more. Look at what Glenn was able to do with some Bog Oak I sent to him:

View attachment 1394493 View attachment 1394495 View attachment 1394496 View attachment 1394497

If you notice the smooth parts, Glenn said he thinks those are from portions of the wood that were denser than others. Neither he nor I know a ton about bog oak (it was his first time working with it), so maybe someone else may know something. For me, it makes for some interesting and unique character (which is what wood is all about, in my opinion). Thanks Glenn!
That turned out excellent! I've been wanting to check some bog oak out one of these days.

I'll just drop these right here........

20200901_145509.jpg 20200901_145441.jpg 20200901_145336.jpg 20200901_145311.jpg

Check this out:

*He searched and had to procure a set of stag scales because he felt what I selected wasn't going to meet my expectations, he nailed it and went above and beyond.
*I asked him to polish the bolster and add a ring, he did so with perfection and went ahead and polished the backspring and liners (a complete oversight by me) as the craftsman knows what looks right and what would look odd (polished bolster and matte backspring up to the bolster)-nice work.
*I like knives in all white metal, I figured since the knife would be disassembled, using steel or NS pins might be doable. glennbad glennbad says, "I work in NS pins as standard practice, brass has to asked for. Perfect way of thinking to me!
*He asked what shield and was willing to inlay any style that he offers, I declined but was impressed, as I knew the stag being "ridged", may require a relief to be made in one of the peaks, he was supportive in my decision.

All I can say is Glenn lived up to the legend that is-one bad knife buildin mamba jamba. Thank you, Sir!

Last edited:

View attachment 1410805 View attachment 1410810 View attachment 1410812 View attachment 1410813

Check this out:

*He searched and had to procure a set of stag scales because he felt what I selected wasn't going to meet my expectations, he nailed it and went above and beyond.
*I asked him to polish the bolster and add a ring, he did so with perfection and went ahead and polished the backspring and liners (a complete oversight by me) as the craftsman knows what looks right and what would look odd (polished bolster and matte backspring up to the bolster)-nice work.
*I like knives in all white metal, I figured since the knife would be disassembled, using steel or NS pins might be doable. glennbad glennbad says, "I work in NS pins as standard practice, brass has to asked for. Perfect way of thinking to me!
*He asked what shield and was willing to inlay any style that he offers, I declined but was impressed, as I knew the stag being "ridged", may require a relief to be made in one of the peaks, he was supportive in my decision.

All I can say is Glenn lived up to the legend that is-one bad knife buildin mamba jamba. Thank you, Sir!
Outstanding work right there! :thumbsup:

View attachment 1410805 View attachment 1410810 View attachment 1410812 View attachment 1410813

Check this out:

Let the master do his work! Heirloom piece right there!

Here's a knife I just got back that Glenn reworked with a new set of horn scales and did some minor cleaning. I wish I had a before shot, but it was so ugly I didn't take one. Now it's fantastic.

3lorLfA.jpg

I stumbled onto this thread today, not sure why it took so long to find because I've been following glennbad work for years.
It will take me awhile to read and view this thread but the recent posts are wow, Excellent work, now I know why it takes so long to get on your work list.

Here's a pair I just got back today. Frankly I didn't have much hope for the Thomas Turner but considering the stag I sent it anyway, Glenn glennbad glennbad can speak for himself but I don't think he had much hope for either knife. Neither knife was usable, both had extreme blade wobble with no snap into the open position. The Vulcan Lambfoot had a cracked bolster and was sporting some very ugly black composite covers. Glenn replaced both bolsters and recovered with horn as requested. Both now function great! Well beyond my expectations :thumbsup::thumbsup: You did an exceptional job on both Glenn !!

Now on to the before and after pictures.
Before with the blade looking like it was bent over backwards:(
tJ8Whpp.jpg

A couple of close ups of its poor condition
4cOLeIA.jpg

8VLQ2gW.jpg

And it's current condition :eek:
Snappy and ready for the stone!
Ic8Wti9.jpg

I love vintage Lambfoot knives, the seller's pictures didn't show the cracked bolster but I liked the blade and bought it anyway with intentions of having Glenn recover.
EPkaUyg.jpg

ildqO3h.jpg

Functions and looks new:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sI96J6d.jpg

iibU4xK.jpg

Back