Glennbad is a baaaad man

Glenn,
I have a Camillus camp knife which I found in my fatber's effects after he passed. The celluloid scales have shrunken and I would like to have them replaced, how do I contact you?

I found this old Primble Congress Jack a couple years ago. I bought it because I didn't know Primble made this pattern, and it was frankly unsafe. It languished in a drawer most forgotten, but I did pick up a couple "Primble" blades, while looking for other stuff to acquire. So I put this all together, and asked Glenn if he'd be interested in something a little different. He must have been bored...

This is the wreck I sent his way:
La5j6s6.jpg

PefK4yf.jpg

Ss9RlV1.jpg

Now the blades I sent were not for this pattern knife. I suspect they were to a large Stockman pattern. No matter, anything would be better than an unsafe knife.

This is the knife I got back. I seriously thought he'd sent me the wrong one. It's hard to even recognize, and truly unique.

ZakvxPc.jpg

GL892Y2.jpg

iwEPuoZ.jpg

HsOs9O1.jpg

kV18Q2h.jpg

I found this old Primble Congress Jack a couple years ago. I bought it because I didn't know Primble made this pattern, and it was frankly unsafe. It languished in a drawer most forgotten, but I did pick up a couple "Primble" blades, while looking for other stuff to acquire. So I put this all together, and asked Glenn if he'd be interested in something a little different. He must have been bored...

La5j6s6.jpg

PefK4yf.jpg

Ss9RlV1.jpg

Now the blades I sent were not for this pattern knife. I suspect they were to a large Stockman pattern. No matter, anything would be better than an unsafe knife.

This is the knife I got back. I seriously thought he'd sent me the wrong one. It's hard to even recognize, and truly unique.

ZakvxPc.jpg

GL892Y2.jpg

iwEPuoZ.jpg

HsOs9O1.jpg

kV18Q2h.jpg
That’s awesome!

La5j6s6.jpg

PefK4yf.jpg

Ss9RlV1.jpg

ZakvxPc.jpg

GL892Y2.jpg

iwEPuoZ.jpg

HsOs9O1.jpg

kV18Q2h.jpg

Wow, did that turn out fantastic!!

This one was a labor of love. It belonged to the owner's father, and he wanted to get it into usable shape. Here is the before...

tottum1.jpg
tottum7.jpg
tottum6.jpg
tottum5.jpg
tottum4.jpg

As you can see, the knife was quite the jalopy. He didn't want the main replaced, just the pen blade. He also wanted it cleaned up a bit. There were no legible markings on it, just a number 24397 on the back of the blade. Through from clever sleuthing (not on my part) it was determined that the knife was a Cattaraugus EO pattern. I didn't have a suitable Catt pen blade for replacement, but I did have a blade from an old Challenge, so that worked out nicely.

Due to the condition of the wood covers, I didn't want to take a chance at fully taking it apart. I was able to swing the springs and clean them and the liners to get the rust off of them. The original knife had a shield at one time. Through catalog pics, I found a very close match. I gave it a rounded worn look to match the rest of the knife. We chose to leave as much of the years of use on the knife as possible. The wood got some Formby's lemon oil, and the metal parts got a generous coating of Rust-Free. I sharpened the pen blade, but left the main to the owner, so he could have a better connection to his dad's knife. All in all, it didn't turn out too bad, and the owner is happy that he gets to carry his dad's knife again. Here's a couple after pics...

tottum3.jpg
tottum2.jpg

Oh Man....I am so so glad you chose to keep the Main- to me that Main Blade holds the History of the Knife!

Here is another example of Glenn managing to save Wooden Handles- Glen didn't touch the Blade- had to remove the Old Wooden Handles, these are the Original Handles!!! :eek: :eek:, Glenn did up a Spring to get this gorgeous Beauty another few Human Lifetimes!
Haven't forgotten the exemplary Job on this one Glen! I truly think this is just great!

VpUyzTN.jpg

This one was a labor of love. It belonged to the owner's father, and he wanted to get it into usable shape. Here is the before...

View attachment 1519038
View attachment 1519039
View attachment 1519040
View attachment 1519041
View attachment 1519042

As you can see, the knife was quite the jalopy. He didn't want the main replaced, just the pen blade. He also wanted it cleaned up a bit. There were no legible markings on it, just a number 24397 on the back of the blade. Through from clever sleuthing (not on my part) it was determined that the knife was a Cattaraugus EO pattern. I didn't have a suitable Catt pen blade for replacement, but I did have a blade from an old Challenge, so that worked out nicely.

Due to the condition of the wood covers, I didn't want to take a chance at fully taking it apart. I was able to swing the springs and clean them and the liners to get the rust off of them. The original knife had a shield at one time. Through catalog pics, I found a very close match. I gave it a rounded worn look to match the rest of the knife. We chose to leave as much of the years of use on the knife as possible. The wood got some Formby's lemon oil, and the metal parts got a generous coating of Rust-Free. I sharpened the pen blade, but left the main to the owner, so he could have a better connection to his dad's knife. All in all, it didn't turn out too bad, and the owner is happy that he gets to carry his dad's knife again. Here's a couple after pics...

View attachment 1519048
View attachment 1519049
Your work on this one reminds me of "The Repair Shop," which is a BBC show about restoration experts who take family heirlooms of a variety of kinds (furniture, toys, paintings, clocks, etc.) and restore them to vintage without ruining their character. Nicely done!

I would like to start this off with saying a MASSIVE thank you to Glenn, he has done - yet again - a remerkable job on three Knives that I sent him a while ago.

I contacted Glenn to ask if he could do these three Knives for me, I wasnt really expecting him to say yes as I know he is an extremely busy man, but I thought I would give it a go - so I contacted him and I was elated that he said sure thing!- I knew this was going to take a while so I asked Glenn just to put them on the back Burner and tend to them when he could - it worked out just perfect!

Duh me as I did take before Photo's I am not sure if Glenn did?
But I think we all Know the Mighty Camillus 23 Equal ender- with the generic Whit Composite Handles- one hang of a Knife, but..... I have a Mint example of the 23 - Handles in White, and had this one here that has Patina, I really wanted to see this Knife "Vamped up" by the Man.

We discussed what my tastes were in Handle material but I also wanted Glenn to have a bit of freedom as well- hey let the Artist do his job if you know what I mean, Oh man...here's the outcome of the Big Boy Cammy 23, now adorned with spectacular Jigged Bone and a Gorgeous Shield to Boot!
XfbGFHD.jpg

rAcJBtu.jpg

I love the Big Blades on this Knife, That Huge main that is going to get an edge put on a bit later today, and the Pen's are no small Blade by any means!
BTSwSzM.jpg

EaOTNMA.jpg

Glenn, I love this Knife, your Workmanship is outstanding, I wish I could do what you do - your an amazing guy and thank you so very much!

Next is the Awesome GEC 44 Gunstock, now this Knife has been around the Worls somewhat, so grab your Popcorn - an'; here we go......

Mr. Paul Hilborn and I grabbed at stages eac a GEC 44 Gunstock, great Knives, and you are wondering just why I would do such a thing as get these great Knives re-handled- well my one was Mint! the Covers were pretty much perfect in the way they matched with tonings- Paul was a little unhappy with his one as his one had quite contrasting Handles- one side was your normal Clean red Brown nice looking Wood, the Other side as extremely dark, Paul mentioned this and Paul does me a LOT of favours so I wanted to swap my minty for his mismatched- Paul felt weird about it- but I said to him it would be the great excuse for me to use it instead of Queening it- so we did the swap.

One day I was looking through Glenns Work I saw a GEC 44 that he had done and I loved it- I couldny quite let that one go, so this Knife too was added, as I sated in my Camillus 23 post, I asked Glenn to have some freedom, I trust the guy, I havent seen a horrible Job yet, and OMG....I just could NOT believe my eyes when I unwrapped this knife - let alone the others, but lets talk about this 44.

I asked Glenn to leave the Bolsters and Bullet Shield on the Knife I kinda think they go hand in hand with the Gunstock pattern, I said out Loud WOW!!!! ....I coudn't believe just how different and striking this Knife looked- it hit me straight away.
Handled in a Dentine material we need to be understanding of how and when such material was purchased, old stock, pre ban etc.

Like the days of old the Handles look amazing, here is this wonderful Knife, re-so expertly by The Man himself...
54oRQFR.jpg

It may look it- but this is not a Crack ..
eRgOoNb.jpg

H6UGKF2.jpg

W0SbDhV.jpg

Such amazing deep activity in the Handle material, Glenn, what a Steller Job my friend- again, a Massive Thank you!

Last, but most certainly NOT least!
Taylor Eye Witness, yeah... just that name alone I sit up very quickly, I wish earlier on that I paid closer attention and not let out of my hands some amazing TEW's, but hey - we can say that cant we about any game we play, so here folks is what I think was a very cool Knife, but...the Knife lacked any sort of details and was pretty much a bit of a " lets keep that in a closed Drawer" type.
Why?, it had cheap plastic Handles, it lacked any sort of Walk and Talk etc.
Again I didnt want the Blade touched, and going back to when Glenn and I talked about what Handle material I wanted - well Stag was one of the first to come up, I LOVE STAG TO BITS...I cant say it any other way, well...just imagine my reaction when I unwrapped this stunning Knife....
Glenn you my friend are a magician, the Stag is outrageous, The Shield just Rocks with the Stag, the Knife now commands all to Kneel before him lol...ok well I am getting a bit carried away, for good reason, here is the awesome Taylor Eye Witness Knife....

ZngiqXb.jpg

SLrfUf0.jpg

nRkMQeZ.jpg

FrSOub0.jpg

bVLR8LK.jpg

When I put an edge on this I will take down the tiniest fraction off the Spine - leading to the area of the Tip to ensure the Tip comes back to the meanest / nastiest Tip :eek:
How this for a nice Photo of a Great Knife!!! Glenn your are indeed a Baaaad Man! But a Good man with that!

jZSyBFf.jpg

Duncan, I'm in left field tonight or maybe it's right field :confused:, I should have realized with your pics you have them :oops: enjoy :thumbsup:

Back