Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
Hi All. I picked up another large folder Saturday--the Spyderco Police 4 in K390. I've been posting pics of it on several forums here, and thought that we could use a thread for pics and discussions of particularly big folding knives.

My usual carry size centers right around 3.5-3.75 inches with knives like the large Sebenza, XM18, Shiro F95, and several others in that range. These seem full-size to me, though not particularly big. I've got lots of smaller knives too, but they're often second-carries either loose in the bottom of my front left or clipped in another pocket.

Anyway, I've got a real soft spot for larger folders too, which aren't always appropriate carries, but are knives I like a lot. I'm thinking that 4" is where the really big folder category begins, but there are quite a few just a taste under that, so let's start at 100 mm or 3 7/8" and you can show us what you have for large folders. I certainly wouldn't quibble over a mm or two....

I'll start off with my Shirogorov 111CF, its designation being its blade length in mm. I don't pocket this a lot as it's the sort of knife that's not really discreet to thwack out in public, but it's one I'd wanted for a while and is a particular favorite.

atwBPjj.jpg

5ow9npP.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really digging all the love the new Spyderco Police is getting...definitely my favorite knife Spyderco makes. I've been carrying the lowly lol G10 3 in my back pocket regularly for five or six years now, just can't decide if I should pull the trigger on the newest model yet.

Back