Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

DzcajxM.jpg

My wife told me today that my xio alpha mark 1 came in the mail today

Can't wait to see it

IMG_3943.JPG
My favorite budget large folder the swordfish with 4"of D2 on ceramic bearings that flips nice and wont break the bank. The quality is good and its a lot of knife for the money. The middle one was my first attempt at dying G10. The charcoal gray came out nice and even but is darker than i was going for. It looks ok in person but next time ill have to watch the cooking time closer. It was an easy project though.

Last edited:
It's appeared in this thread before, but boy have I been missing out on the Spyderco Police! I can see why this is such an iconic knife.

I'd never paid attention to its thickness -- or rather, extraordinary thinness -- before, nor especially liked how it looked. But I stumbled across it again, was intrigued by its profile, and it started to grow on me. You all know where that leads. ;)

32redCi.jpg

It's appeared in this thread before, but boy have I been missing out on the Spyderco Police! I can see why this is such an iconic knife.

I'd never paid attention to its thickness -- or rather, extraordinary thinness -- before, nor especially liked how it looked. But I stumbled across it again, was intrigued by its profile, and it started to grow on me. You all know where that leads. ;)

32redCi.jpg

After ~20 years, I got some free money and bought a plain edge one. Sweet knife. Not light, Won't flick open, but I still love it. Pops open with a nice klak. Got to stop leaving in plain sight in the cube...:)

View attachment 1142163
My favorite budget large folder the swordfish with 4"of D2 on ceramic bearings that flips nice and wont break the bank. The quality is good and its a lot of knife for the money. The middle one was my first attempt at dying G10. The charcoal gray came out nice and even but is darker than i was going for. It looks ok in person but next time ill have to watch the cooking time closer. It was an easy project though.
Nice collection:thumbsup: I love the blade shape.

IMG_3970.JPG
Lots of Fathers day sales going on so i finally grabbed a Kimura for under a C-note. Luckily i recieved a good example with sharp fairly even grinds and matching pivot screws.

The tenacious's overgrown big brother, the resilence, is a large folder indeed and i do wish Spyderco would offer a sprint in upgraded steel as its a beast of a folder. I doubt it'll happen but i would snag it up quick.

Last edited:
Here's my newest Russian prize, finally arriving from Pavlovo today. Alexander had said 2-3 months for a custom build and this arrived in less than 2-and-a-half including shipping. 110 mm of stonewashed, FFG M390, wicked sharp and thin behind the edge. Loooong handle that's not broad but a bit extra thick with the addition of the C-Tek scale that fits my old, creaky hand just great. Really smooth and easy, authoritative flipper that I expect it will break in nicely just like my Scout did.

Cheburkov Raven (Voron). Just excellent craftsmanship and a beautiful knife.

SctLzED.jpg

dcP14iP.jpg

a8vd6um.jpg

qLe73Ak.jpg

ChazzyP ChazzyP - A beautiful knife - WOW - sweet lines, understated details and a blade that looks like it will slice delicacies or do some mean business, just fine. :thumbsup: I don't say this often - but I'm a bit jealous ;)

Very nice. :cool:

Ray

ChazzyP ChazzyP - A beautiful knife - WOW - sweet lines, understated details and a blade that looks like it will slice delicacies or do some mean business, just fine. :thumbsup: I don't say this often - but I'm a bit jealous ;)

Very nice. :cool:

Ray
Thanks, Ray. Your covetousness is duly noted (and appreciated :rolleyes:). I have to say that all the wait time heightened my expectations for the knife and only for a moment when the tracking showed it was actually on-Cape this morning did I waver and think for just a moment, "What if I'm disappointed?" That was only transitory and I picked it up at my PO, drove it home unopened, and slowly unpacked it with my wife observing. I got through all the considerable packing, slowly opened the box, and J and I both spoke your observation--WOW! It's big, substantial, hefty, but also delicate, beautiful, detailed yet understated, and looks like one helluva cutting machine. Everything I'd hoped it would be and more. :D

Steve

Edit: Nothing wrong with another pic, right?

Yad0hyx.jpg

That is flat-out gorgeous, ChazzyP ChazzyP . :eek::thumbsup:

Any chance of a shot next to a non-Russian Military? I'd love to see what those two look like side by side.

Back