Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

Well I got it in !
I’ve really liked my K2 since I got it and loved it since I started using it. It is my EDC/work knife and I don’t want to part with it.
My new beast arrived, and while it’s impressive in its own right it just doesn’t do it for me. I have very large hands but there is too much length in the handle to hold comfortably. If they would have ditched the finger choil(which IMO is a waste of real estate on this knife) and lose about an inch on the handle it would be near perfection.
Oh well maybe it’ll grow on me.
View attachment 1166722

Wow and the K2 is a pretty big folder.. looks dwarfed in comparison! I like em.

I'm a big lover of the Military blade shape. PM2 and 3's just never satisfied me, but I felt there was too much handle there to really EDC it (always keep a 52100 millie in my backpack though).

So I did this...

https://imgur.com/a/VTlxX4w

Takes about 25% of the handle mass out and almost and inch off the end. Ends up being F95 sized.

Here's a comparison

https://imgur.com/a/OGbaaoO
That’s one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while!

:eek: Wow ! A folder with a blade longer than the handle . That's a new one for me . :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

The D'Estaing dagger goes back to the 1780s.

DaEJYAp.jpg

The design was later called a folding Bowie.

Question now is...what size is the banana...wait...dont answer that.
jacksterp jacksterp

That’s one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while!
Thanks. I'm still loving it. I can't recommend the maker enough. He makes great scales for a lot of knives that transform the handle into an entirely new knife. Thinking of doing it to me Super Freek.

IMG_6005.JPG IMG_6006.JPG With a 3.85" blade this Rike titanium framelock squeaks into the large criteria with a solid G10 show Side in OD which helps with the respectable 4.5oz for the nearly 9 inches OAL. well-made with lots of machine work detail on the Ti lock side and a very nice action on caged bearings.

IMG_6062.jpg
A couple Recon 1, newer style flat ground spearpoint in s35vn and dlc coated along with the older hollow ground clip point version in aus8 w bLack teflon coating. I do wish they would've stuck with the hollow grind but thats personal preference so I have my eye out for the XHP hollow version.

Back