Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ChazzyP, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Who makes that beauty?

2. rxavage

rxavage

Aug 16, 2014
    I need a pmp beast but can’t find one anywhere now

3. JimMD

JimMD Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Shirogorov. It’s a Custom Division 111.

Edgeoflife likes this.
  4. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    The Cold Steel Eland allows me to go big and cheap simultaneously. With a five-and-a-quarter inch blade it's the biggest folding knife I own.

[​IMG]

Zieg

steff27, The Whip, Aryan29 and 2 others like this.
  5. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I haven't been over here for a while, so I figured I'd check and then saw what I'd missed from October and November. I picked up a couple qualifiers just before Christmas but neglected to drop off any pics of them here. First ordered and second to arrive--on Christmas Eve--was this unnamed liner-lock by Andrey Biryukov, my second of his--the first my Sigma a few pages back. This one has gorgeous tri-colored CF scales, is wicked light, looking and carrying smaller than a knife with a 4.1" S90V blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second knife came in the day before and was something that had been on my want list for a long time. Fairly rare on the secondary market, these are usually over-priced if in good condition. I got a not-super but not-bad-either deal on this like-new CKF MILK Prototype and jumped on it, somewhat egged on by the thousand or so pics of his acquisition that @WValtakis had been posting all over BF.
    This is just such a sweet knife with an unbelievably finished, iridescent gray/blue anodized Ti handle and 4.25" worth of longitudinally, finely-sanded M390 blade, sterile but for the steel type engraved on the flipper tab. This one's right up there in size and quality with my Shirogorov 111 and Cheburkov Voron.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  6. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Love you too!:p

Screenshot_20200115-142642_Gallery~2.jpg

7. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Real steel Megladon with nearly 4" of m390 and pretty lightweight for a large folder at around 4oz. Beautiful stonewashed Ti framelock and the action is very impressive, second only to my CKF makosha currently. really surprising how much im diggin this one. IMG_2264.JPG

The Cold Steel Kudu is a very inexpensive beater with over 4" of humble german 1.4116 steel that wont bring any regrets of thrashing on in a super lightweight package at about 2.5oz with a surprisingly strong lock. IMG_3037.JPG

8. dilinger

dilinger Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2009
    +1

9. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I couldn't resist the 4" Crooked River at a post-discontinuation (the G10 configuration, not the Dymondwood main version) price, and man is this a great knife. I love how long and lean it is, with the blade wider than most of the handle -- but it's not too skinny, thanks to the tapered/contoured scales; it's almost as thick as the Griptilian in the middle.

[​IMG]

10. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
    My favorite knife:
    KC Gray Thylacine large folder EDC.
    4.5 inch CPM154 flat ground blade
    Polished orange G10 scales
    Textured titanium bolsters
    Blah blah custom blah awesome

Prometheus beta light and Lambda top

[​IMG] http://imgur.com/gallery/40UrIqa

If anyone wants to link me to the "How do I post pics directly" page, that'd be great.

11. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Just open the individual image you've uploaded to Imgur (right click on a PC) and paste that URL between image tags in your post here, like so:

Code:
    [img]YOUR IMAGE URL HERE[/img]
    Works like a charm. Neat knife! :)

bigsurbob and Edgeoflife like this.
  12. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
    I literally JUST found the How to ingur thread and figured it out. Thanks so much!! Note my 1.5 year old's eager hands!
    [​IMG]

13. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    Happy new Year!
    [​IMG]

14. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_4025.jpg IMG_3936.JPG Cold steel large luzon with a 7.5" blade :eek: and Kershaw lucha 4.7" blade:thumbsup:

jux t, razorburn, ChazzyP and 8 others like this.
  15. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
  16. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Its probably my favorite bali out of the few i own. Im not much of a flipper but it has plenty of handle length and runs on bearings so good action and easy to maneuver. Everything is well rounded off and the weight is good for the size. Overall i think its a pretty good value.

17. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2006
    I'm very fond of my Benchmade 610 Rukus

rukus.jpeg
    4.25 inches of S30v

18. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    CS 6" Ti-Lite Kriss

IMG_5912x.jpg

19. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    jlauffer likes this.
  20. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    Gotta be honest, kinda jealous. I really wanna get my hands on one of those.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    jlauffer likes this.