Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

This is my newest and biggest knife. I don’t need any bigger than this.
4TORDsR.jpg

Who makes that beauty?

I haven't been over here for a while, so I figured I'd check and then saw what I'd missed from October and November. I picked up a couple qualifiers just before Christmas but neglected to drop off any pics of them here. First ordered and second to arrive--on Christmas Eve--was this unnamed liner-lock by Andrey Biryukov, my second of his--the first my Sigma a few pages back. This one has gorgeous tri-colored CF scales, is wicked light, looking and carrying smaller than a knife with a 4.1" S90V blade.

1EsmDLi.jpg

xvpHWk1.jpg

EiE0yhJ.jpg

The second knife came in the day before and was something that had been on my want list for a long time. Fairly rare on the secondary market, these are usually over-priced if in good condition. I got a not-super but not-bad-either deal on this like-new CKF MILK Prototype and jumped on it, somewhat egged on by the thousand or so pics of his acquisition that WValtakis WValtakis had been posting all over BF.
This is just such a sweet knife with an unbelievably finished, iridescent gray/blue anodized Ti handle and 4.25" worth of longitudinally, finely-sanded M390 blade, sterile but for the steel type engraved on the flipper tab. This one's right up there in size and quality with my Shirogorov 111 and Cheburkov Voron.

cXtXSsl.jpg

G2Bx92s.jpg

uo1j39T.jpg

Last edited:
I got a not-super but not-bad-either deal on this like-new CKF MILK Prototype and jumped on it, somewhat egged on by the thousand or so pics of his acquisition that WValtakis WValtakis had been posting all over BF.
This is just such a sweet knife with an unbelievably finished, iridescent gray/blue anodized Ti handle and 4.25" worth of longitudinally, finely-sanded M390 blade, sterile but for the steel type engraved on the flipper tab. This one's right up there in size and quality with my Shirogorov 111 and Cheburkov Voron.

cXtXSsl.jpg

G2Bx92s.jpg

uo1j39T.jpg
Love you too!:p

Screenshot_20200115-142642_Gallery~2.jpg

Real steel Megladon with nearly 4" of m390 and pretty lightweight for a large folder at around 4oz. Beautiful stonewashed Ti framelock and the action is very impressive, second only to my CKF makosha currently. really surprising how much im diggin this one. IMG_2264.JPG

The Cold Steel Kudu is a very inexpensive beater with over 4" of humble german 1.4116 steel that wont bring any regrets of thrashing on in a super lightweight package at about 2.5oz with a surprisingly strong lock. IMG_3037.JPG

I couldn't resist the 4" Crooked River at a post-discontinuation (the G10 configuration, not the Dymondwood main version) price, and man is this a great knife. I love how long and lean it is, with the blade wider than most of the handle -- but it's not too skinny, thanks to the tapered/contoured scales; it's almost as thick as the Griptilian in the middle.

4bXNjAw.jpg

If anyone wants to link me to the "How do I post pics directly" page, that'd be great.

Just open the individual image you've uploaded to Imgur (right click on a PC) and paste that URL between image tags in your post here, like so:

Code:
[img]YOUR IMAGE URL HERE[/img]

Works like a charm. Neat knife! :)

How do you like that kershaw balisong? Does it flip well?

Its probably my favorite bali out of the few i own. Im not much of a flipper but it has plenty of handle length and runs on bearings so good action and easy to maneuver. Everything is well rounded off and the weight is good for the size. Overall i think its a pretty good value.

Back