Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

Happy new Year!
25573f5b4bcc44ab28e88a6a011e323c.jpg

I just discovered Daggerr knives on BHQ the other day. I had never seen them discussed before on BF. Almost bought one blind. What do you think of this blade?? Looks pretty sweet to me at a pretty sweet price.

The Spyderco Hundred Pacer (4" blade; 9.21" overall) and K2 (4.54" blade; 10" overall) are among the largest folders in my collection that immediately come to mind.

Both are surprising easy to carry in a pocket because they are both relatively light and thin; the Hundred Pacer (5.2oz) due to the use of FRN scales and the K2 (6.2oz) due to the use of Ti.

225gp.1__68622.1566585907.jpg

151_P_1511348361168.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is closing in on three years old so I'm not sure if one of these has been in it yet, but here's my CRKT Jumbones. :)

KYJ4XMq.jpg

Grip for size comparison:

C4fjDwQ.jpg

I don't own a lot of folders this long; the 5" blade is only 1/2" shorter than my Frenzy and Espada. It's my biggest flipper by a full inch.

Nothing to write home about on the blade steel front (AUS-8), but the design is unique, the action on bearings is solid, there's a ton of milling on the aluminum scales, and the whole package is surprisingly slim for such a big knife. In fact it's so slim that you can easily access the back 3/4" of the blade in the closed position if you poke your finger in there. :eek:

I just discovered Daggerr knives on BHQ the other day. I had never seen them discussed before on BF. Almost bought one blind. What do you think of this blade?? Looks pretty sweet to me at a pretty sweet price.
They are a nice unique brand IMO. Cant say ive put it to a ton of work, but everything is up to par for the pricepoint. Great deal, very fun knives.

This is my second XL Voyager, joining my Vaquero. (Griptilian for scale.) :)

I love the XL Voyager handle (except for the pocket-shredding texture, which I remedied here with a bit of sanding under the clip's contact point), and the fit and finish on both of my examples is solid. They've both dropped shut right out of the box, too -- which is fun, provided you remember to keep your index finger planted near the top end of the front finger choil so that the ricasso is what lands on it. ;):D

k8zz0C5.jpg

No posts in almost a month? We can't have that. :D

I've just gotten in the spiritual successor to the ZT 0300/0301/0302, the 0308. On paper it doesn't quite meet the mark for this thread, as its blade length is 3.75", but like the 0300 and 0350 its cutting edge is longer than that: 3 7/8".

It's big, the handle is thick, and it's heavy...but it doesn't feel chunky. It feels lean. Marvelous ergos and a surprisingly slicey blade for 0.16" stock, too. I'm digging it.

XizxNII.jpg

6SoyWY9.jpg

Buck 110 (5 inch closed, 3 3/4 inch blade) and classic two blade slipjoint folding hunter (5.5 inch closed, 4 inch blades.) are my favorite big folders.

Back