Go Large--The BF Big Folder Thread

Nice ZT0920 Les George, @jill jackson . I just missed one at a real sweet price here on the Exchange. :( I really like Les's stuff. I did get this one at a nice close-out price not too long ago, though. :)

7aO5X5j.jpg
Yep. The 909. HIGH on my "next to buy" list.

Inbound...been wanting one of these for a very long time:D:cool:

View attachment 1342420

"...very long time....", Chip? Really? :p

Many thanks to our friend, Dadpool Dadpool , BTW, for his diligence in helping to keep this thread alive. I haven't been over here for a very long time either, just got caught up with what I've missed, and have a couple recents to share. This one doesn't quite make it over the bar at a mere 3.75", but this Spyderco Vallotton SubHilt is one big, honkin' piece of thick-handled and -bladed cutlery at 6.25 oz. Unbelievably smooth too.

5UyQnxG.jpg

My latest, from last week, easily surpasses our blade-size threshold and is long, lean, and thoroughly elegant. This Rainmaker is my second Olamic--my first being a 247 Wayfarer--and almost surely will not be my last.

3QgCfHc.jpg

7EkzPqx.jpg

I liked that one before you embellished it and now it's outstanding, brother. I really like the Talon line of those Al Mars, which is sorta hybrid modern/trad with the thumb stud for ease of opening but clipless. Also love the brass liners next to the stainless along the handle spine--just super F&F altogether. Do I recall correctly that yours is stamped Moki, which would make it a Fadden-era piece?

I've got a Talon pair--Eagle and Falcon--that live in their slips in my pencil tray and are my desk knives. I really enjoy handling and using them there. I'm unclear about their vintage--both stamped FM, so maybe Fadden?

You've got a UL HD Eagle in ZDP189 too, don't you? I've had my eye out for one of those as well. There was a pair on the Exchange last week, but that greedy Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble snatched 'em both up before I could grab one. :p

I posted this pair pic here 2-3 years back, but will put it up again as I'm too lazy to go snap a fresh one right now. :rolleyes:

YTxHacu.jpg

I liked that one before you embellished it and now it's outstanding, brother. I really like the Talon line of those Al Mars, which is sorta hybrid modern/trad with the thumb stud for ease of opening but clipless. Also love the brass liners next to the stainless along the handle spine--just super F&F altogether. Do I recall correctly that yours is stamped Moki, which would make it a Fadden-era piece?

I've got a Talon pair--Eagle and Falcon--that live in their slips in my pencil tray and are my desk knives. I really enjoy handling and using them there. I'm unclear about their vintage--both stamped FM, so maybe Fadden?

You've got a UL HD Eagle in ZDP189 too, don't you? I've had my eye out for one of those as well. There was a pair on the Exchange last week, but that greedy Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble snatched 'em both up before I could grab one. :p

I posted this pair pic here 2-3 years back, but will put it up again as I'm too lazy to go snap a fresh one right now. :rolleyes:

YTxHacu.jpg
Thanks! Yup, it's a Moki piece (FM)...unfortunately the ZDP-189 Eagle HD moved on a while back in a moment of weakness:oops:

Any time you want yours gussied up, just let me know...the bolsters cut quite nicely;)

Thanks! Yup, it's a Moki piece (FM)...unfortunately the ZDP-189 Eagle HD moved on a while back in a moment of weakness:oops:

Any time you want yours gussied up, just let me know...the bolsters cut quite nicely;)
That's a thought, though--no offense--I kinda like 'em plain too. What I was thinking about again is sending you the slabs from my Sigma like we discussed a while ago to have their milled-out areas ano'd. Maybe the backspacer too. Why don't you PM me your shipping address and that'll get me going on that.

YTxHacu.jpg

I don't feel even a little bit bad about it either. :p I've been trying to get my hands on one for years now.

That eagle of yours sure is handsome though. It's a shame they didn't make a zdp bladed version with the more traditional handle materials.

It's a shame they didn't make a zdp bladed version with the more traditional handle materials.
Oh man...tell me about it, I briefly toyed with the notion of cobbling one together:cool:

Back