Gold Class Tengu

Hello all!

I managed to pick up a 601-211 Gold Class Tengu at 25% off today. Labor Day sale from an authorized dealer on Facebook. Had been thinking about snagging one for a while, and given the chance to get one so cheap, I couldn’t resist. Pretty pumped to check it out.

Was curious what other owners think of the knife. Good experiences, bad experiences, love / hate. Interested to hear what others have thought of it.

Thanks!

I was just given one for my birthday last night! It is a great little flipper and mine is dialled in right from the box. The damasteel is really nice. Action is a perfect, snappy "instant open" kind of thing. I had been looking at the blue class and thought they might be a nice little dress folder. It's perfect in that role. It came pretty darn sharp, but I could not help putting a mirror edge on it this morning.

The scales are not a perfect fit to the liners in a couple places, with tiny gaps here and there. My only nitpick, but on a gold class seems obviously poorly fit. Sad.

As far as the gold class ...that seems like a gross stretch from the blue class to what the gold class is priced at. It's just not that much better, in my opinion.

The friend who gave it to me does not know anything about knives. He is just an extremely generous guy, and a very dear friend. I would never tell him my opinion of the gold class versus the blue, and I will be forever blown away by his generosity.

I was just given one for my birthday last night! It is a great little flipper and mine is dialled in right from the box. The damasteel is really nice. Action is a perfect, snappy "instant open" kind of thing. I had been looking at the blue class and thought they might be a nice little dress folder. It's perfect in that role. It came pretty darn sharp, but I could not help putting a mirror edge on it this morning.

The scales are not a perfect fit to the liners in a couple places, with tiny gaps here and there. My only nitpick, but on a gold class seems obviously poorly fit. Sad.

As far as the gold class ...that seems like a gross stretch from the blue class to what the gold class is priced at. It's just not that much better, in my opinion.

The friend who gave it to me does not know anything about knives. He is just an extremely generous guy, and a very dear friend. I would never tell him my opinion of the gold class versus the blue, and I will be forever blown away by his generosity.
Wow. That is quite a gift!

Did you get your knife yet, Anarchy84 Anarchy84 ?

Thread needs pictures.
DyFFtLYl.jpg

Last edited:
I did get the knife. Sadly it had warranty issues right out of the box, so I had to ship it back to Benchmade. Photos will have to wait!

Back