• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

GONE!! Scrap Yard Knife Company SYKCO Scrap Max 340 - SOLD

Father & Son Traditional Sharpening

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Scrap Yard Knife Company - Scrap Max 340

Used, GOOD Condition. Blade Features : B.I.G. Satin Finish, Elmax @ 58-60 RC, 3.40" Blade, .095" Thickness. Has Slight Rub Marks From Sheath, Edge Sharpened - Shaving Sharp.

Scrapmax 340 Specs

Blade Length: 3.375"
Overall Length: 8.25"
Blade Width: 1.1875"
Blade Thickness: .095"
Grind: Full Height Flat
Steel: Elmax

These Scrap Max knives are ground ultra thin. Measure roughly .08 to .10" thick at edge prior to sharpening. They make great slicers, but are NOT meant for prying!

Includes J&G Designs Multicam Kydex Sheath

Handle Professionally Modified (Handle Warranty Voided, Blade Warranty Remains Valid). Sheath Rubs Handle Slightly (See Photos).

Asking $162 Shipped TYD via Paypal or USPS Money Order

Price includes shipping to Continental US, International shipping must be discussed via PM.

Last edited:
What was the modification to the handle? Also, can you give me an idea of how thick/wide the handle is- thinking about this as a concealed piece.

What was the modification to the handle? Also, can you give me an idea of how thick/wide the handle is- thinking about this as a concealed piece.

Basically, it was a standard Wardog/Basic 4 LE type handle to begin with like all the Scrap Max knives were offered.

Handle was reshaped by abrasives only, no chemicals involved (I believe the holes in the Res-c are a natural byproduct of molding).

The widest point of the handle is the rear guard, which is just over 1" (looking at it from side profile). The palm swell is right around 7/8".

I actually really like the mods to the handle on this one, compared to my B4LE it is quite nice... not sure which I'd ultimately prefer but they are different enough to matter.

Back