Good accessories for the Becker BK9 standard nylon sheath?

It looks like it has a slot for the becker bk 13 (with a kydex insert). It also has a pouch sealed with a velcro strap. Any ideas of what I could put in each of those slots?

Any knives besides the bk13? Or is that a nice one to use? I wonder if it's necessary if I have a 4" utility knife. I was thinking a small sharpening stone for the pouch. Is there a good one that'll fit? Or is there a better use for the pocket?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll find out if I'm going to get an ass-whooping for this horrible necropost, but .... rather than start a new thread ... I'm a new BK9 owner and had the first chance today to look more closely at the nylon sheath that comes with it and ....

Since it's been nearly eight years....

Any other things folks are using? I was intrigued by the kydex knife holder provided under the velcro strap and the pocket as well.

Any newer ideas for accessories or what secondary blade to use in it?

May the Forum Gods forgive me for such a necrotic comment.

I put a tin can for Altoids mints in the pocket with a lighter, cut and crimped straws with Vaseline covered cotton balls, and some jut twine.

I put a tin can for Altoids mints in the pocket with a lighter, cut and crimped straws with Vaseline covered cotton balls, and some jut twine.

Sorry, but what size Altoid tin are you referring to? I'm only familiar with ones that absolutely would not fit.

I think that slot is just regular plastic.

It was designed for the small Becker BK13.

I don’t have not tried to fit anything else. Maybe a Buck Packlite skinner?

small multitool, ferro rod or mag bar, small flashlight, and folding utensil or hobo knife, same as I put in the pocket on my BK16.
if you have extra room, a double sided diamond card, diamond rod, or folding hone.

Back