Good alternative to the Leek?

Well, my wife has decided to acquire my Kershaw Leek for her purse, which means I'm now on the hunt for a good replacement for it. Currently, my EDC is now a Manix 2, which is a great workhorse for me, but the little Leek was such a great knife to EDC everyday in an office environment.

So before I go ahead and just grab another Leek, what other recommendations do you guys have?

Must be:
- office friendly (relative term, as I could carry almost anything in my office)
- roughly 3" blade
- similar blade shape/profile/size to the Leek
- slim in the pocket
- one hand opening/closing
- classy or modern looking, but not 'tactical' - wood or anodized scales preferred, but not mandatory
- under $100 max

Suggestions?

Well, my wife has decided to acquire my Kershaw Leek for her purse, which means I'm now on the hunt for a good replacement for it. Currently, my EDC is now a Manix 2, which is a great workhorse for me, but the little Leek was such a great knife to EDC everyday in an office environment.

So before I go ahead and just grab another Leek, what other recommendations do you guys have?

Must be:
- office friendly (relative term, as I could carry almost anything in my office)
- roughly 3" blade
- similar blade shape/profile/size to the Leek
- slim in the pocket
- one hand opening/closing
- classy or modern looking, but not 'tactical' - wood or anodized scales preferred, but not mandatory
- under $100 max

Suggestions?
I've always wanted a Skyline. They are pretty enough to come off as a gentleman's folder, but can handle some actual work as well.

I love my Leek. They are beautiful knives.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CRKT Ripple or Eros are some of the best knives crkt makes and are right up your alley. Their blade shape and point of use are simmilar to the Leek. The price point is right where you want it. They are also classy little Framelocks.

Are you set on an assisted opening? My current system is Leatherman Wave, Manix 2 and a Victorinox Camper. I have everything I need with those 3 items.
e485444c6f7492ed0323a0d03bc5296d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ticks all of your other boxes save for Leek's blade shape and profile...Spyderco Chaparral. The small(er) leaf-shaped blade and carbon fiber scales look "classy" to me :) They come up on the Exchange here quite often for under $100.

I alternate between a slip joint and this one.
It's an AG Russell K-12 one hand knife. The frame is titanium and the scales on this one is bone. It does come in a few different handle configurations and I believe there's an upgraded version with better blade steel. This one is about $85.

it's almost the same size as a Leek, but the scales make it a little thicker.
I like it because it's light, easy to flick open and it's a little different than most knives.

I've always wanted a Skyline. They are pretty enough to come off as a gentleman's folder, but can handle some actual work as well.

I love my Leek. They are beautiful knives.

Skyline's a bit bigger than what I'm looking for.

CRKT Ripple or Eros are some of the best knives crkt makes and are right up your alley. Their blade shape and point of use are simmilar to the Leek. The price point is right where you want it. They are also classy little Framelocks.

Those look promising. Definitely in the same vein as the Leek. Might be worth checking out.

I alternate between a slip joint and this one.
It's an AG Russell K-12 one hand knife. The frame is titanium and the scales on this one is bone. It does come in a few different handle configurations and I believe there's an upgraded version with better blade steel. This one is about $85.

it's almost the same size as a Leek, but the scales make it a little thicker.
I like it because it's light, easy to flick open and it's a little different than most knives.

Now we're talking! That's a beautiful little knife. Something like that AG would definitely be right up my alley.

What else you guys got?

I wanna throw the updated Leek into the mix as well: carbon fiber scales, CPM154 steel. I realize you may find it a redundant purchase though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanna throw the updated Leek into the mix as well: carbon fiber scales, CPM154 steel. I realize you may find it a redundant purchase though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. I'm by no means opposed to another Leek. Just looking to see if there's something out there I might like better

Though a Leek with nice wood/bone/pearl scales would be quite nice to find (CF is nice, but doesn't come off as classy to me - sporty maybe - but not classy).

Skyline's a bit bigger than what I'm looking for.

Those look promising. Definitely in the same vein as the Leek. Might be worth checking out.

Now we're talking! That's a beautiful little knife. Something like that AG would definitely be right up my alley.

What else you guys got?
Isn't the blade on the Skyline just a bit over 3 inches?

This is a second recommendation for anything by Mcusta. They make such classy little knives. Absolute razors out of the box and top notch quality.

The new Leek is cpm154 and not 154cm? If that is true then maybe I will get it. Leeks have no detent if you deassist them though right?

Mini-griptilian would be a good option I think. The chaparral would be another good option. A sage 2 would be a great option if you can find a good price on one; there have been a few well priced ones in the exchange lately which is where I got mine.

The kahr arms modified delica is very close except for the scales being the frn.

Another vote for Delica 4 FFG. A purple, blue, green, etc handle won't scare too many people I don't think. It does come in stainless steel handle too (not a fan of metal handles tho, slippery to me).

You can always go for a slim Victorinox Swiss Army knife. Office friendly. I find the scissors handy. Not ideal for one hand opening and closing.

A "traditional" knife might be an option. Not ideal for one hand opening and closing either. Plenty of choices from Case with wood, bone, synthetic handles under $100. I like a locking blade myself. Case tribal lock?

This thread has a great deal of info as to Leek alternatives.

https://bladeforums.com/threads/any...leek-alternative.1646357/page-4#post-18865652

cchu518 cchu518 did a very comprehensive search for just such an alternative. It was fun to watch and participate!
Likewise Velitrius can comment on the merits of a cf leek! My vote would be the Baby Jess Horn or Zinker Dogtooth. I rotate those two plus an Alox Cadet and Pruner. The little Pruner blade is amazing but that one doesn't have tools that go with it!

Back