Good alternative to the Leek?

Wow, my first zombie thread!

Just as an update, I never did end up finding an alternative for the Leek the wife stole. Ended up EDC'ing a Steel Will Modus II that I picked up on the 'Pay it Forward' thread (as well as trying out a few other things). While not a comparable replacement, it has become a nice, relatively light alternative to the Manix that is my other primary EDC.

But seeing this thread rise from the dead has me thinking that maybe I need to rethink replacing the Leek... and that Boker is looking mighty tempting.

CRKT Ripple or Eros are some of the best knives crkt makes and are right up your alley. Their blade shape and point of use are simmilar to the Leek. The price point is right where you want it. They are also classy little Framelocks.[/QUOTEjvm[/QUOTE
I agree with the Eros K455TXP. The best light knife for the office. I love mine. Cost be damned.

Maserin Atti? Small, pretty (available with different scales), can be opened as a front-flipper (or not), at your price point.
maserin-consoli-402-lockback-389rv-green-burl-jm.jpg

I replaced my Leeks with a Spyderco Caly3. It is the same thickness and same dimensions, but it is a superior knife. Good luck finding one at a good price, though. They are discontinued and command higher prices.

I replaced my Leeks with a Spyderco Caly3. It is the same thickness and same dimensions, but it is a superior knife. Good luck finding one at a good price, though. They are discontinued and command higher prices.

I found an UK pen knife with the leaf shape that I think is roughly a slipjoint version of the caly 3; awesome knife.

OP, have you considered a boker urban trapper? A little more belly than the leak but pretty svelt and a good office option, think. I believe it's well into the gent's knife category.

Back