1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Good camping/hunting knife gift?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Capibat, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    It's known just fine, and that is a very good choice. That piece should give him a lifetime of marvelous service!

Well done, Capibat... I applaud your choice, and it's nice to support local brick and mortar outfits when we can.

2. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    White River is gaining my respect I have a Caper and really like it. LT Wright has several models that I like and have carried hunting that work very well. Buck Vanguard is still one I reach for for deer or bigger game ... the Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series Vanguard is a nice model.

3. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Try the White River Sendero Pack knife designed by Jerry Fisk. It's probably going to be the last hunting knife I ever buy. It's that great.

White river will gain more of your respect I'll bet.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  4. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Great choice! This was one of the knives I was going to recommend. The other was a Spyderco, but never mind that now. Your choice was excellent.

5. Mikel_24

Mikel_24

Sep 19, 2007
    Benchmade is well known, so no worries there. But with Benchmade, just like Victorinox or Spyderco (for example), whenever you it 99% of the people will automatically think about FOLDERS. They all have a bunch of quality fixed blades but they are not their flagships.

I would be perfectly happy with that Benchmade Sibert Bushcrafter knife if I was gifted one.

Mikel

Lee D likes this.
  6. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016

^This.

Benchmade is well known for folders and not as much for fixed blades, certainly not for their few camp/bushcrafty styled knives. Honestly, that Silbert design is the only one I can think of and it's supposed to be a very nice package, knife and sheath. The stainless steel on that will likely be really appreciated. If you don't beat it senseless with a baton it should last and cut for a really long time.

Good job

Lee D likes this.
  7. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    The Benchmade 162 Bushcrafter is well respected. Did you get the Kydex or leather sheath?

Mine has the leather sheath but I prefer an aftermarket sheath instead.

8. Knifelvr97

Knifelvr97

Aug 18, 2020
    Buck 119 Special ! Very good quality and amazing timeless design! You can't go wrong with that one.

Pilot1 likes this.