Good camping/hunting knife gift?

It's known just fine, and that is a very good choice. That piece should give him a lifetime of marvelous service!

Well done, Capibat... I applaud your choice, and it's nice to support local brick and mortar outfits when we can.

White River is gaining my respect I have a Caper and really like it. LT Wright has several models that I like and have carried hunting that work very well. Buck Vanguard is still one I reach for for deer or bigger game ... the Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series Vanguard is a nice model.

White River is gaining my respect I have a Caper and really like it. LT Wright has several models that I like and have carried hunting that work very well. Buck Vanguard is still one I reach for for deer or bigger game ... the Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series Vanguard is a nice model.

Try the White River Sendero Pack knife designed by Jerry Fisk. It's probably going to be the last hunting knife I ever buy. It's that great.

White river will gain more of your respect I'll bet.

So I finally got a knife, I ended up not having time to order on line and had to go with the local option and what they had in stock.
I was between a Becker BK2 companion, buck 102 woodsman and a benchmade sibert bushcrafter. I went for the Benchmade which seem the nicest option of the bunch and fit the bill perfectly, more expensive but that's OK, I think it was worth it, the present was a pleasant unexpected surprise and it was very well received!

I don't think the benchmade brand was mentioned here before, I wonder why, perhaps not very well known?
Great choice! This was one of the knives I was going to recommend. The other was a Spyderco, but never mind that now. Your choice was excellent.

... I don't think the benchmade brand was mentioned here before, I wonder why, perhaps not very well known?

Benchmade is well known, so no worries there. But with Benchmade, just like Victorinox or Spyderco (for example), whenever you it 99% of the people will automatically think about FOLDERS. They all have a bunch of quality fixed blades but they are not their flagships.

I would be perfectly happy with that Benchmade Sibert Bushcrafter knife if I was gifted one.

Mikel

Benchmade is well known, so no worries there. But with Benchmade, just like Victorinox or Spyderco (for example), whenever you it 99% of the people will automatically think about FOLDERS. They all have a bunch of quality fixed blades but they are not their flagships.

I would be perfectly happy with that Benchmade Sibert Bushcrafter knife if I was gifted one.

Mikel

^This.

Benchmade is well known for folders and not as much for fixed blades, certainly not for their few camp/bushcrafty styled knives. Honestly, that Silbert design is the only one I can think of and it's supposed to be a very nice package, knife and sheath. The stainless steel on that will likely be really appreciated. If you don't beat it senseless with a baton it should last and cut for a really long time.

Good job

So I finally got a knife, I ended up not having time to order on line and had to go with the local option and what they had in stock.
I was between a Becker BK2 companion, buck 102 woodsman and a benchmade sibert bushcrafter. I went for the Benchmade which seem the nicest option of the bunch and fit the bill perfectly, more expensive but that's OK, I think it was worth it, the present was a pleasant unexpected surprise and it was very well received!

I don't think the benchmade brand was mentioned here before, I wonder why, perhaps not very well known?

The Benchmade 162 Bushcrafter is well respected. Did you get the Kydex or leather sheath?

Mine has the leather sheath but I prefer an aftermarket sheath instead.

Back