Good edc in 150 price range

Sorta new here but been getting into this EDC carry stuff. It's to addictive! Have a elementum and just got a ferrum forge stinger with the marble carbon fiber. What's a good upgrade(next step up) over these? I like the slim pocket fit of the listed above. Been debating the Spyderco smock. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure this is user preference, just curious what's a good EDC option in the 150-200 price range. I like the flip style on the civivi styles alot. Thanks in advance. I can already see this will be highly addictive.

Just be aware that it can become addicting! Under $200 you have a LOT of options. I'm guessing most will recommend their own favorites but there are some "classics" you should consider. Spyderco pm2 or manix2. Benchmade griptillian or bugout. One place you could start is looking through the For Sale section here, I've bought lots of used knives and only ever had an issue with one.

Spyderco Paramilitary 2 or Paramilitary 3.

Benchmade Bugout or Griptilian

Kershaw Launch series (Auto knives made in America)

if you want to try a cold steel, consider the ultimate hunter and bush ranger

ultimate hunter
CSUH.jpg

bush ranger
CS-31A.jpg

At this price I would pick a PM2, a para3 or a bugout

Actually you have tons of options...
Have a look at Cold Steel andWe/Civivi they have some nice knives at this price

Last edited:
The Benchmade 940 is a true classic carry knife. It’s what began my journey through this hobby.

That's a good price range to have a quality blade.
I'm a fan of the delica 4, soon they will be coming out in k390 steel.
The manix 2 is a addictive carry as well.

My most carried:
Benchmade Bugout
Endura K390
Delica K390 (mine is in M390)
PM 2 (I have several in different steels, my M4 being my main carry)

Look at the Cold Steel American Lawman and Recon 1. Or as mentioned above, the Ultimate Hunter. Or the Code 4.
For a heavy duty outdoor knife, the AD 10 is hard to beat.
All are great values for the money.

Also as mentioned above, the PM2, Manix2, and Griptilian are all fine edc s.

If you want a real EDC knife that carries slim in the pocket then I'd suggest a Spyderco Chaparral. You can get carbon fiber, Rafir Noble, White/Black Sun and Moon, and Birdseye Maple around your price range.

Look into Kizer knives. They have some nice flippers and good quality and materials. As others have said there is a ton out there in this price range. You are certain to find something you like.

Like the good folks here have already said, you've got tons of options at 150.

What are you defining as an "upgrade"? Edge retention (kind of objective)? Materials and feel (much more subjective)?

The Stinger and Elementum you have actually have pretty good edge performance mated to a relatively thin BTE that really punch above what their pricing would suggest. Build quality on those is also quite good already.

The Endela in K390 (or anything K390) would likely yield the most noticeable difference in edge retention. Though, then of course, you'd want to invest in some sharpening tools. Only downside is K390 can patina and stain if that's an issue. In that case, the Manix LW in S110V would be the next best option for pure edge performance gain.

However, IMO, the build quality and feel would actually be lower than both the Elementum and Stinger with either the K390 Endela or S110V Manix LW. I personally like FRN; however there is a certain heft and touch that machined composites (G-10, micarta, CF, etc) have that FRN can't really replicate.

If the Spyderco Smock tickles your fancy, the 20CV version would be the one to look at. Only downside is that version is a dealer exclusive and it is currently out of stock.

Last edited:
Endura or Delica and an Olight (flashlights can be just as addictive) ;)

Back