Good Source for Contact Wheels?

I have a platen and a small wheel set, but I still have no big contact wheel. Before I get out the credit card, is there a good reliable source for contact wheels that doesn't charge way too much? I want a decent wheel, but I think some of the prices are insane, for what appears to be a caster wheel with a strip of rubber on it and some balancing holes. Perhaps I am missing something.

Contact Rubber Corporation. Not sure what you consider "insane" but quality has a price. I've used the cheap Chinese ones and never will again. A wheel should not need 8 or 9 balance drills.

I agree that Contact Rubber Corp is a good source for top grade contact wheels. If things haven't changed, they also retread any makers wheels with a trie of your specifications.

Beaumont Metal Works (Makers of KMG grinders) also sell cotact wheels. Most grinder manufacturers sell contact wheels.

I have a 10" replacement wheel for a Grizzly grinder that I use occasionally on my KMG. Down load the Grizzly grinder manual to get the part number and call Grizzly fo a price. I had to build an adapter to use it.

When you buy off the internet you don't know what the quality is until after you try it for a while. I suggest you pick a wheel and search for online reviews, then ask this forum if anyone here has one of them and what is good and bad about it.
Happy hunting
Jim A

Back