Gossman Deer Creek

I arrived at Gosstoberfest mid day on Saturday. Scott had the Deer Creek knife that he planned on giving away laying out for everyone to check out. When I picked the knife up I actually said out loud, "this maybe the perfect knife". The laminated handle fit my hand like it was custom made with my exact hand measurements and the blade is longer than Scotts standard Deer Creek which really appealed to me.

Scott put everyones name in a hat and shazam, called my name as the knife winner. :eek: Ive been using the Deer Creek a lot. This is my favorite bushcraft knife at the moment. Actually, its my favorite everything knife. This blade rocks! Its the first S7 blade that Ive ever owned and am still getting use to it. It holds a wicked edge and at it took a lot of use to start to get anything that resembled a patina. Its starting to get some character now.

Here are some pics. Please excuse the poor quality phone pics. Im really doing the knife an injustice. I need to buy a good camera.

IMG_14352.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_14373.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_14364.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_14313.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_13598.JPG
[/IMG]

Love this knife and highly recommend.:thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations on winning such a great knife! Scott is a true craftsman! I own 2 of his knives and the longer Deer Creek really appeals to me!

That's a sweet blade, what's the handle black canvas over brown ?

dcycleman
Its green canvas over natural. Unless Scott corrects me, thats my story and Im sticking with it. The pictures really dont show how nice it really looks in person.

Back