Gossman Knives Camping/Shop Tour

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
I'm planning another get together at my shop this year. Dates are Oct. 9, 10 and 11. Friday, Sat. and Sun. Arrive Friday around noon, ends Sunday mid morning. Cost is $10.00 per person for use of the camping area. There will be a portable toilet also.
The address is
2419 Whiteford Rd.
Whiteford, Md. 21160.
If you need additional info you can email me.
Scott

I will be there, and I will camp overnight ;) this time. I ain't skeered of no bigfeets, no matter how much those cattle across 165 scream :D.

Geez Scott, I spent yesterday 23 miles from your place. You are lucky I didn't know it then. I have to go to Western PA today so you got out of having me visit.

Will do. I'd like to meet you.

Pretty sure I'm in Scott. God willing and the creek don't rise. Or if I don't get my head thumped in at the G-20.

Work is jamming me up for WAR and the Finger Lakes trip so I'm itching to get and see the guys again. :thumbup:

Hope you can make it Tim. Love to have you come. Marcelo you also. Bring some of our other Conn. brothers with you.
Scott

Here's some info. As far as food, everyone fend for themselves, bring your campstoves. There will be one campfire same as last year. I do plan on a meal Sat. nite for everyone, just haven't figured out what yet. We did pizza last year but the pizza place has since closed. Also, if you fish, bring your tackle. There is a large pond plus 3 smaller ponds in the woods.
Bring anything you want sharpened. Free sharpening all weekend. I don't really have any demos planned but will show you anything you want to see as far as how I make knives. I do plan on showing how I recommend hand sharpening my knives. The method and tools I use.
Scott

I can't wait! I plan on practicing with my dutch oven. Scott, what's the situation concerning bringing a dog?

I can't wait! I plan on practicing with my dutch oven. Scott, what's the situation concerning bringing a dog?

Dogs are welcome as long as you keep it under control. Jerry is bringing Maisy. We aren't camped close to a road. Remember there are 3 ponds there so if that's a problem just keep this in mind.
Also bring anything you want to trade or sell. I'm thinking Sat everyone can set up trade blankets.
Scott

I do plan on showing how I recommend hand sharpening my knives. The method and tools I use.
Scott[/QUOTE]

Please if some one is going to this and has a video camera I wish they would video this and post it. This something I would like to see but can not be there.

I do plan on showing how I recommend hand sharpening my knives. The method and tools I use.
Scott

Please if some one is going to this and has a video camera I wish they would video this and post it. This something I would like to see but can not be there.[/QUOTE]

If someone can video it and post it, I will be more then happy to do it. It's so easy a caveman can do it. :D Two sharpeners is all I use. No need for all that complicated stuff.
Scott

Back