Gossman Knives PSN passaround

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
Scott asked me to organize a passaround for his new PSN prototype:eek:. Scott is heat treating the knife tomorrow, and will take pics. I will post them in this thread, and we can get this shindig going. However there are some rules. I will go into more detail below, but there are several main things to remember.

We must keep track of the knife. We must send it on to the next participant in the condition that we got it. We must post a review.

Keeping track of the knife. After we get some participants, I will send everyone a list of who will participate. This will include your screen name on Bladeforums, your real name and address. When you ship, you must ship with delivery or signature confirmation, priority mail and you must insure it for the full value of the knife, which will be confirmed by Scott. Everyone will receive an email consisting of each members information, and who you should send it to you after you receive it. I will include a copy with the knife when I send it out. Please let the person you are shipping it to know the tracking number, and please do not post the tracking number in this thread.

Sending it on in the condition you received it. Just send it on in the condition you got it in. Hopefully, it will be sent in the condition it was received from Scott in. However, we want to use this knife, right? If you use it, you may have to put some elbow grease into cleaning it. Sharpening. If you are unsure of your sharpening skills, send it back to me, and I will make sure that Scott gets it, and gets it resharpened. I will get it out to the next person in line. However, with Scotts convex grind, I don't think this will be an issue :D.

We must post a review. I post all the time on here, but have a hard time posting a review for some reason. A couple lines and photos will suffice. Scott wants feedback on the knife. Tell him what you think, he is here to improve his skills for YOU. And him. You know what I'm talking about :foot:;).

I am looking for ten people, plus myself, to participate. You will get the knife for seven days from the date of receipt of the knife. After seven days, please ship to the next recipient. When you receive it, please post so here. When you ship, please post so here. You can post your review in Scotts forum, the Knife Review forum or WSS forum. Anywhere else is subject to Moderator approval. If you cannot participate, please let me know. The knife will be sent in geographical order.

I only ask that you are a member in good standing on Bladeforums, that you are 18 or over, and that you can legally possess a knife in your jurisdiction. Remember, a lot of places don't like you carrying a fixed blade, no matter how small, remember your local laws. If this knife is confiscated while you have it, you are responsible. This passaround is only open to members in the United States. I apologize for this rule, but we all know what could happen in Customs.

If you elect to participate, please send an email to me at silenthunterstudios at gmail, containing your screen name, email, name and address, and a phone number where you can be reached. Phone numbers will not be shared unless you want them shared, and will be used for emergencies only.

Please post that you want to participate in this thread.

List of Participants PENDING
1. mapper66 OUT AT HIS REQUEST
2. Spooky Pistolero
3. Swoop
4. J Williams
5. akatul
6. cddogfan1
7. WILLIAM M.
8. tonym
9. ChapmanPreferred
10. Marcelo Cantu

The Short List:
1. Bladeforums.com is not reponsible for anything pertaining to this passaround.

2. I will ship the knife insured appropriately and within the designated timeframe and agree to replace it if lost.

3. I am over 18 years of age, and the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction.

4. I understand that I am not exchanging money for any goods.

5. I agree to pass along the knife in the condition I received it, or better.

6. If I violate any of these rules, I will be banned and not allowed to participate in any more passarounds. I also understand that my name, address, and contact information will be posted as a warning to prevent others from being scammed.

------------------------------------------

More Complete Passaround forum rules:

By agreeing to take part in any passaround posted on Bladeforums, I agree to the following conditions:

1. I release BladeForums.com, it's members, etc from any liability that results from my participating in this passaround. This includes any damages that may result from using, abusing, or testing the passaround knife.

2. I agree that I will have the passaround knife for a set period of days as specified in the passaround thread, then send it to the next person on the list, at my expense. I agree that postage and insurance are my responsibility and that should the knife fail to reach the next member of the list, it is my responsibility to replace it.

3. I agree that should I fail to live up to my obligations in this passaround, I will be banned and my personal information will be published so that others will have "fair warning". This will be left up to the discretion of the moderators. Remember that participation in the passarounds is a priveledge and can be revoked at any time.

4. I affirm that I am over 18 years of age, and that the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction. By choosing to participate in paid passarounds, I agree that the money being sent is not in exchange for any good or service and I agree to release BladeForums.com, it's members, etc from any liability for the loss of the funds invested in the passaround if the knife is lost or destroyed.

When sending the knife, I will send by a method that requires signature confirmation and insure the package for an amount equal to or greater than the replacement cost of the knife. I acknowledge that this will be more expensive and bear the sole responsibility for these costs. I will carefully package the knife / item with all seams taped and the item secured wrapped within the package.

(USPS is considered to be the cheapest and fastest service for mailing a passaround knife, however UPS is faster on claim service).

I will make the best effort to pass along the knife in as good of condition as possible, if not better. If the blade is dull and I feel confident in your sharpening skills, I will put a fresh edge on the knife before I send it along. I will clean any grime or residue off the blade before passing it along.

In the event the knife is broken, fails, or is otherwised destroyed, I will immediately contact whoever is in charge of the passaround.

If the knife has failed due to defect, I will arrange to have the knife returned for warranty service.

If the knife failed due to abuse that is not covered by the warranty, it is my responsibility to replace the knife.

It is *my* responsiblity for getting the knife to the next person on the list.

By participating in the passaround, I agree to adhere to the above posted rules, and any violation of the rules will cause my membership at Bladeforums.com to be revoked. I also understand that if I am a Gold, Premium, Knifemaker, or Dealer member, and my membership is revoked, I will not be entitled to any refunds of said membership fees.

This list is an addendum to the user agreement found at http://www.bladeforums.com/copyright2.shtml

Last edited:
Making this a sticky. Thanks SHS for taking charge of this. I hope to have the knife finished by next weekend. I will post pics in this thread.
Specs are 6 1/2" overall, 2 1/2" spearpoint blade just like the PSK knife. It's an 1/8" thick by 1" wide CPM 154. Micarta scales, kydex sheath.

Scott

Last edited:
I would like to participate. I'll follow up with an email with requested info. Thanks to you and Scott for putting the passaround together.

Please include me in the pass. I am really looking forward to seeing this knife. Info emailed.

Thank you Scott & SHS

Here's the blade.

Picture211.jpg

This handle shape is similar to a small semi skinner I made many years ago. It's pictured on my website gallery page 1. That knife has ram horn scales and file work.

Scott

The handle scales are on, green canvas micarta. I will finish the handle and make the kydex sheath Weds. I'll post pics Weds evening. SHS will pick it up Friday.
Scott

The handle scales are on, green canvas micarta. I will finish the handle and make the kydex sheath Weds. I'll post pics Weds evening. SHS will pick it up Friday.
Scott

I will?

:D Just kidding, I'll be there. We still have two spots left on this one. I am working on a geographical order for this.

I would love to be in on this passaround if it is not too late.

Thanks,

Doug

Edit: Email sent.

Last edited:
If there's still room I'd like to be in on this one. Either before or after TonyM since we live in the same town. Preferably before him so I don't have to pay shipping!:D

Scott

Looking forward to it Scott. And green canvas micarta too, my favorite. :thumbup:

Back