Gossman numero duo

I just got my second Gossman blade in yesterday. This is the big one, to go with my UFK I got in some time back. Its a Golok, which Scott is no longer making, for some reason. You dudes must have been napping cos I scored this one for a great deal off of Scott's web store. It was used and refurbed but it sure looks like new to me!

This is going to be a real worker. Not too big, not too small. 9 inch blade of 3/16 A2 with Scott's cool convex edge and a micarta handle. OAL is 13,5 inches. This puppy is coming camping with me next month! Can't wait to swing it...

Here is my UFK... two great knives!

Thanks for posting. That design just never took off. Recurve blades are not for everyone and they seem to not be very popular. I only made two of those Goloks and yours was the first.
Scott

I figured that was it, the recurve. They used to intimidate me too but I found you can freehand sharpen them with a rod quite easily. Especially if its tool steel. I haven't tried that Eze-Lap rod out yet because the knife is still wicked sharp but I will. What I like about this knife is its got a lot of blade but its not too heavy. But it will still deliver a punch due to that top heavy design. Good stuff! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting. That design just never took off. Recurve blades are not for everyone and they seem to not be very popular. I only made two of those Goloks and yours was the first.
Scott

Sweet blade man! I know what you mean about the weight. I have a bolo Scott made out of 3/16 and I feel the same way, lotta utility for the weight

Starting from half way through to an inch before the tip is the entire sweet spot. That's a lot of contact surface for slashing and chopping.

i handled this one is Scott's shop. Definitely felt like a little workhorse! Congrats on the deal!

Nice blade. I looked at one, probably that one, at Blade and almost bought it!! Oh well, you snooze you lose :)

It would be cool to see some pics of it in action and all loved and dirty.

Back