Gosstoberfest 2012

Looks like little Andy and I will be there Saturday morning. My nephew and brother in law will probably be coming also. Man I hope I win that knife!

SHS, Glad you're going to make it! Still hoping you have a speedy recovery.

In a lot of pain with the rain today, but I am doing a lot better. Looking forward to seeing you guys Saturday. Should be a lot of fun.

The weather so far, Fri. 78 degrees, sunny, Sat. 70 sunny with a chance of rain overnite Sat. nite. Cold front coming through this weekend.
Scott

For anyone that is interested, there are also some nearby parks to visit after the campout is over. Susquehannock SP in PA, Rocks SP literally right down the road from Scotts shop in MD, Susquehanna SP in the other direction down the road from Scotts shop in MD. I am not sure, but I believe that Susquehanna SP is the only park that offers cabin lodging, not sure about camping. The property that Scott sets up on is a beautiful sight to behold on a nice fall day.

Susquehannock SP
Susquehannock%20State%20Park.jpg

10192.jpg

013.JPG

Really pretty country. And someone is going to be a very happy winner of that knife... it looks terrific!

I sit here with a broken and sutured up nose recovering from deviated septum surgery wishing I was at Gosstoberfest!

Take lots of pics please!

-Stan

I sit here with a broken and sutured up nose recovering from deviated septum surgery wishing I was at Gosstoberfest!

Take lots of pics please!

-Stan

bummer. speedy recovery stan. may you breathe easier.

and that's right! Gosstoberfest weekend! Have fun all. Hope to see some pics. ;)

It was a great time again this year. I took a couple pics, sorry about the poor quality phone pics.

iphone_pics_226.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_235.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_242.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_239.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_240.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_241.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_236.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_2341.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_2331.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_235.JPG
[/IMG]

iphone_pics_2291.JPG
[/IMG]

My spot

iphone_pics_2321.JPG
[/IMG]

This is the give away knife, which I won by the way. Woooohooo:thumbup::thumbup:

iphone_pics_244.JPG
[/IMG]

Congrats Andster; you really hit the jackpot! Thanks for sharing the pics, beautiful place you have there Scott!

It was good to see Scott and his wife, Andy, Cougar and his son, Kodiak, Collin and to get to meet KYTurkey. Had a really good time. Congrats again to Andy and I'll bring a few beers down and that Polaris ;) man. The best part was just sitting around the campfire like every year. Thanks again Derek for the trade, I already got a patina peeling an apple with the Moore Maker, and thanks to Cougar for showing me how to make a sq knot lanyard, I've already cranked out a couple today.

thanks for the pics andster. very cool place. sounds like a good time and i am sorry i missed it.

also...congrats on the sweet score andster.

I would like to thank everyone who came. It was not as many as I hoped for but quality people. We had a great time. A special thanks to the longest traveler, kyturkey. Thanks for taking the time to make the trip. Great to meet you and swap hunting stories.
Thanks Andster for posting the photos. As usual I always forget to take them. Until next year, hope to see many of you for Gosstoberfest 2013.
Scott

It really was a very nice time. Everyone there was extremely friendly and easy going. Already looking forward to next year!

I had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone. If it wasn't so far away I'd go every year.

Chris, that's my hamhock hand holding your knife, a nice piece. Looks like a good chopper.

It is pretty good for what I did with it. But my go to Gossman chopper is the overlooked Gosshawk.

Back