Got a few Microtech LCC's

I still have to put up a proper Microtech page at Chai Cutlery with some pretty pictures, besidess that section of my e-commerce site. Meanwhile I just got, here in my hot little hands, three LCCs in stonewash finish - two plain edge, and one combo edge, as illustrated.

The carbon fiber surface is slightly rounded and has a low-gloss finish that is the best I've met on production knife in that price class, and comparable to some pretty good customs. The blade is razor sharp out of the box, and the stonewash finish should be a lot easier to clean up when you get your lunch all over it than a bead blasted blade.

Lunch all over it ... Yes, I know it says "Lightfoot Compact Combat," but for most of us it's going to do mundane utilitarian cutting - a bagel slicer with an attitude.
wink.gif

So one thing I noticed right away (presumably the martial artists in the crowd noticed other things) is that the entire edge can be brought down on a flat surface like a cutting board. That way, when you use your pocket knife in lieu of a chef's knife, because real knife nuts reach for their pockets or belt in the kitchen instead of looking in a drawer for something sharp, the whole edge is working for you as you battle carrots and green onions and garlic cloves and fresh hot peppers.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, here's my fresh scan of what they look like. Click on the pic for the big pic.

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/microtech/LCC.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
LCC-medium.jpg
</A>

I've seen them for sale at $145.00 plus or minus pocket change, so that's the price tag I'll put on these, including postage.

I also have sitting in the drawer five of the SOCOM Elites - stonewash - 3 plain and 2 serrated, $185.00.

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/microtech/socom-elite-stonewash.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
socom-elite-stonewash-medium.jpg
</A>

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 09-06-2000).]

Back