Got me a Koyote!

Found a Koyote leuku bushcrafter (lightly used) for a song! It's been well kept and judiciously stropped. Wahoo! I've actually been pondering getting one since that dang pass around!

The handle fits me quite well, and is nicely rounded. None of the curves are so exaggerated as to preclude any particular grip on the knife, but it still locks your hand in when cutting. And speaking of, I am nuts for this thin stock! Awesome slicer/carver.

Sadly, I still need some koyote girl leather to match this thing . :D Sometime soon..

Equally sad is the fact that it's too dark out to take a decent picture, so that part will have to wait until tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing that.

The passaround knife made me rethink knife design. Great handle, thin but broad blade and a cool grind. Really comfortable and great to use for the short time I had it.

Found a Koyote leuku bushcrafter (lightly used) for a song! It's been well kept and judiciously stropped. Wahoo! I've actually been pondering getting one since that dang pass around!

The handle fits me quite well, and is nicely rounded. None of the curves are so exaggerated as to preclude any particular grip on the knife, but it still locks your hand in when cutting. And speaking of, I am nuts for this thin stock! Awesome slicer/carver.

Sadly, I still need some koyote girl leather to match this thing . :D Sometime soon..

Equally sad is the fact that it's too dark out to take a decent picture, so that part will have to wait until tomorrow.

you sir are a tease. its official. who posts something like this with a downside of its to dark to take a picture :(

just messing with you but am looking forward to pics. congrats on a great knife. hopefully mine will be here soon :)

Since I know a little something about this...I'll chip in a photo... ;) I got it used for a great price as well and it just wasn't getting the use it deserved here...actually sold a bunch of knives to get more to using! here 'tis! No sheath b/c it fits my S5 perfectly!!! :) ;)

IMG_2845.jpg

That'd be the one! Hehe. Very, very cool blade. I'll snap some pics after work today. It actually prepped most of my fire fixins last night.

right on Spooky.. that was indeed a nice score man...:thumbup: that is a cool looking knife and definitely one of my favorite designs that Christof makes..

Better late than never, eh? Found some time this morning to snap a few pics. Used the Koyote and my wolf creek forge belt axe to make a quick fire. :thumbup:

Pics to show how the Koyote fills the hand, and how it sizes up to a Mora #2. Make note of the thickness of each! Interesting, no? This Koyote is a helluva slicer, in part due to a very intelligent thickness.

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

Fuzz stick glamor shots:

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

This thing is certainly a carver. It's no trouble at all to slice some fuzzies. It's thin enough that it doesn't hinder itself. While that thinness could be a concern, I also batoned it through some reasonably sized chunks of wood without difficulty or damage to the edge. Oh, and the spine was kept properly crisp for striking a firesteel.

All in all, two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The thinness combined with a broad blade was another thing that struck me as a great combination on the passaround blade. It gave it a good deal of rigidity that allowed it to stand up to much more abuse than a narrower (from edge to spine) blade might.

aha! that one. I was wondering at first which particular one it was.

Sheath is very doable, of course :D

Back