Got me one of them newfangled Instagram accounts

So I've been hashbrownin for a month and would be more than happy to know how bad my Instagram page sucks!:eek:

I will say that it's a surprisingly nice format and doesn't take any time to post images and there's an insane amunt of commerce that goes on, although browsing wants to take you down a rabbit hole!

The forums as a whole seemed to have slowed since the format changeover, photobuckets shenanigans, and the lack of that turrible Tapatalk thing that some folks apparently liked. Instagram is great for tidbits of info, but I still believe places like Bladeforums is where the knowledge is.

Nick Wheeler is on there a lot and is currently doing a Marbles style Skinner in damascus based on his grandfathers knife,hes doing short videos showing it WIP. I was surprised howany people that I rarely see on here anymore are on IG a lot.

My sales will always start in the Clan of the cowbell newsletter and then to Bladeforums, but it's nice to have another format to use. I think ignoring it business wise would be foolish.

Anyways, click the link in my Sig line and tell me what you think, if it's "you suck!", at least tell me why:thumbsup:

Looks good, John. I don't have instagram, so I'm in no position to give advice, but I really like that time lapse video.

Seems like a great way to get more exposure, and I hope it works out well for you.

I just stopped in to try out your hashbrowns. Looks good so far.

Looks good, John. I don't have instagram, so I'm in no position to give advice, but I really like that time lapse video.

Seems like a great way to get more exposure, and I hope it works out well for you.
Thanks Coop, I really want to do more time lapse stuff.
I just stopped in to try out your hashbrowns. Looks good so far.
"I just stopped in, to see what condition my condition was in!"

It certainly doesn't suck. I wouldn't follow someone that sucks :p.

As for the skinner that Nick Wheeler is working on, good lord. That's going to be a gorgeous piece.

It certainly doesn't suck. I wouldn't follow someone that sucks :p.

As for the skinner that Nick Wheeler is working on, good lord. That's going to be a gorgeous piece.
I drive past Nick's place 10 times a week. I really need to meet him some day.

Knifemakers are weird people. I've met a few and I'd steer clear if I were you. :p

Hashbrown:lessismore
YiuLi6S.jpg

A9x18j5.jpg

Got me one of them newfangled YouTube things so where's I can make moving picture shows too.

Any specific part of the process you guys want to see? I'm mostly planning to use it for videos of finished knives.

Got me one of them newfangled YouTube things so where's I can make moving picture shows too.

Any specific part of the process you guys want to see? I'm mostly planning to use it for videos of finished knives.
I want to see some leather stacking action.

Got a link to your youtube thingy?

Hashbrown: thankyousir.

Back