Got mine yesterday!

It's already been to two gigs with me, though I didn't get a chance to use it yet.

The carbon fiber scales are a visual and tactile wonder with their 3D, opalescent shininess and 'smooth as a worry stone' finish.

In other words, it's ogle/fondle quotient rates highly!

So far I've only slayed copy paper with this knife, but I am looking forward to actually using it!

YeeeeeHaaaawww!

Hi all,

I got my companion knife two days ago and I must say, I really like it!

It is a very well designed knife which despite its small size fits my hands perfectly. The egg shaped grip is very good in all kind of grips.

I did not use this knife a lot yet, but it did very well cutting up apples, slicing pizza, cutting down a box and shaving some hair off my arm. [emoji4] It came very sharp out of the box and a few wipes on the compound loaded leather made it scary sharp.

The blade length is just right for my every day tasks, and the blade is ground fairly thin, so that it slices very well, but still being robust with its >3mm thickness.
The grinds are very even, fit and finish is flawless.

I really like the looks of this knife and especially with the purple/pink handle scales, it does not look scary at all to other people (and to me [emoji6] ) - but still having a certain cool factor.

Also the kydex sheath is very well made and not too big, and the knife fits in perfectly with good retention and without rattling.

The dog tag is nice too - being a cut out piece of the tang from skeletonizing. Nice touch!

Yes, I like this knife! [emoji106]
443ae3a71705e0d45a77755bf554c7ca.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys are enjoying them! @LimuHead, you ought to update your Canadian knife thread. Make all those other guys jealous! Lol.

LimuHead I'm glad I saw the thread where you asked about small fixed blade knives. This knife is excellent! We put up some thin plywood to make a windbreak for our dogs, getting ready for winter. Attached the plywood to the chain link fencing with heavy zip ties, used about 30. My Companion cut off the excess nylon with ease. It just arrived today so it was good to give it a little test.

I have a couple other small fixed blades, but they don't feel like they are of any advantage over a decent pocket knife. This knife looks and acts a lot bigger to me, yet you can slide it in you pocket and it's really thin.

I've not met Brian, but you really get the feeling you've been friends with him a long time. I had a couple questions and he was on it in no time. I'm really glad I got this knife!

LimuHead I'm glad I saw the thread where you asked about small fixed blade knives. This knife is excellent! We put up some thin plywood to make a windbreak for our dogs, getting ready for winter. Attached the plywood to the chain link fencing with heavy zip ties, used about 30. My Companion cut off the excess nylon with ease. It just arrived today so it was good to give it a little test.

I have a couple other small fixed blades, but they don't feel like they are of any advantage over a decent pocket knife. This knife looks and acts a lot bigger to me, yet you can slide it in you pocket and it's really thin.

I've not met Brian, but you really get the feeling you've been friends with him a long time. I had a couple questions and he was on it in no time. I'm really glad I got this knife!

Phil, you and your fences......first you were on one, now you're installing one! haha......

I'm really glad you put it through its paces. It really does feel like a "little big knife" doesn't it. I haven't found a situation yet where I wished for a bigger knife. That's what a Companion is though, big enough to do the job, small enough to always be with you!

Brian, getting off the fence and getting this little sweetie was the better of my fence projects!

I just blinged my Companion out with some beads and paracord.

When I get around to figuring out the picture posting process I'll take some pictures and upload them. Maybe tomorrow; maybe next week.

It's been around my neck every day since it arrived.

Still slicing like new!

Loving this knife!

I just blinged my Companion out with some beads and paracord.

When I get around to figuring out the picture posting process I'll take some pictures and upload them. Maybe tomorrow; maybe next week.

It's been around my neck every day since it arrived.

Still slicing like new!

Loving this knife!

Send the pics to me via email and I'll get them up right away. Photobucket is what a lot of people use too. I'm not sure how it works. I use picassaweb.

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE BLINGED OUT COMPANION/SHEATH!!

Send the pics to me via email and I'll get them up right away. Photobucket is what a lot of people use too. I'm not sure how it works. I use picassaweb.

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE BLINGED OUT COMPANION/SHEATH!!
Pix emailed.

Did you get them?

I did get them! And here they are! Very nice sir. Do you find the beads help with a more secure grip?

3acea300717bac6f70e8dc1ea2186c3a.jpg

eb69bbf00e92b7e7681a370b7e0332a0.jpg

I did get them! And here they are! Very nice sir. Do you find the beads help with a more secure grip?

3acea300717bac6f70e8dc1ea2186c3a.jpg

eb69bbf00e92b7e7681a370b7e0332a0.jpg
I mainly did it for the looks.

The beads do feel good in the hand while using the knife though.

They're also fun to play with while wearing the Companion as a neck knife.

My main objective was to dress it up to look more like jewelry than a knife.

The other night my wife's friend asked about my 'new necklace' which I take as meaning I achieved my main objective - it was a 'necklace' not a knife!

Thank you for posting the pix!

I mainly did it for the looks.

The beads do feel good in the hand while using the knife though.

They're also fun to play with while wearing the Companion as a neck knife.

My main objective was to dress it up to look more like jewelry than a knife.

The other night my wife's friend asked about my 'new necklace' which I take as meaning I achieved my main objective - it was a 'necklace' not a knife!

Thank you for posting the pix!

The Carbon Fiber scales definitely help with the "man jewelry" aspect as well! I wear an orange stub nose version at work, a red scaled knife for my everyday knife, and reserve my carbon fiber knife for my dress/special occasion knife.

Back