Got my dream Becker - BK15 has arrived!

My coveted BK-15 finally showed up and I couldn't be happier . :)

Knifes are supposed to cut, slice and stab stuff . This does that.... WELL! It is light, but with the added blade length, it chopped little branches off amazingly well, likely due to the blade profile and the added top swedge and being 1" longer than something like a BK16 / Mora Companion.

While the BK-14 may be my ideal EDC, the BK-15 is my ideal weekends (EWEDC?) and bush-use knife. :thumbsup:

They both fit my tiny Trumpian hands really well. I will likely add some TKC scales, as they are a bit thinner still... Was going to go with some colour (blue or green)... But black looks really good... But seems odd to spend $50USD + shipping for another set of black scales....

k4XoM5K.jpg

GXMmuMJ.jpg

My EDC is a hybrid collaboration between ESSE (their handle) and BK&T (their blade shape)... and my EWEDC is a collab between Ethan Becker's amazing handle and Jerry Fisk's blade design. Best of both worlds! :thumbsup:

KA-BAR, ESSE, Ethan Becker and Jerry Fisk.... I think I could do worse! :eek:

The KA-BAR short leather sheath is inexpensive and fits absolutely perfectly with "just-the-tip" (my favorite highschool game) showing through the hole at the bottom:
mxiDShT.jpg

The stock nylon / molle / belt sheath is really stellar, for that type of tactical, utilitarian sheath. Great quality. It's a bit more than I want to wear most times, but I WILL switch to it from time to time, because it's just handy and seems durable!

A Victorinox SwissChamp fits perfectly in the stock sheath pocket, as does a mylar emergency blanket. You could also fit a small stone, lighter and some tinder / fatwood.

xCWg5pI.jpg

Not sure if I'll get some kydex for x-draw or even a chest carry rig!?

Love this thing! I don't buy knifes for collectable or jewelery purposes. I want to be able to beat on them as needed . :D

Related: Check out these videos:
Jerry Fisk explains blade profiles and it's obvious that the second last one is his favorite, what the BK-15 has on it with the swedge to improve material flow and in the second video, even uses a BK-15 for a sharpening demonstration.

I wanted my next knife to be a real "user" .

It's getting hard to justify more specialty pieces that might see use once a year if that.

The BK-15 will get used on food (it made a honeydew seem like butter), game and for bushcraft.

This and a hatchet or this and a silky saw would be all I needed for everything .

LOVE the feel of 1095 cro-van and sharpening it is great and then after use... A simple stropping is all it really ever needs! :thumbsup:

Only 1 more knife on my hitlist now. I'm sure I'm the first to say that... Right!?

Congrats, I’m waiting for one that I’m getting from a member of the forum. It’s already been stripped and has a patina plus Micarta scales and a extra Ka-Bar leather sheath. I feel your excitement.

Last edited:
Yes it's a good one for sure. One that I should have kept I suppose. A TKC scaled E-4 took its place. I think that keeping a 5 was enough. It sits in a Combat Master sheath with micarta scales. I still appreciate the Becker glow, but it is now another ember among others in the fire these days. I am in western Canada myself, and run up to the Boreal forest now and then to play, and resupply my paper birch fire starting stashes, for giggles n schnitz.

Last edited:
My coveted BK-15 finally showed up and I couldn't be happier . :)

Knifes are supposed to cut, slice and stab stuff . This does that.... WELL! It is light, but with the added blade length, it chopped little branches off amazingly well, likely due to the blade profile and the added top swedge and being 1" longer than something like a BK16 / Mora Companion.

While the BK-14 may be my ideal EDC, the BK-15 is my ideal weekends (EWEDC?) and bush-use knife. :thumbsup:

They both fit my tiny Trumpian hands really well. I will likely add some TKC scales, as they are a bit thinner still... Was going to go with some colour (blue or green)... But black looks really good... But seems odd to spend $50USD + shipping for another set of black scales....

k4XoM5K.jpg

GXMmuMJ.jpg

My EDC is a hybrid collaboration between ESSE (their handle) and BK&T (their blade shape)... and my EWEDC is a collab between Ethan Becker's amazing handle and Jerry Fisk's blade design. Best of both worlds! :thumbsup:

KA-BAR, ESSE, Ethan Becker and Jerry Fisk.... I think I could do worse! :eek:

The KA-BAR short leather sheath is inexpensive and fits absolutely perfectly with "just-the-tip" (my favorite highschool game) showing through the hole at the bottom:
mxiDShT.jpg

The stock nylon / molle / belt sheath is really stellar, for that type of tactical, utilitarian sheath. Great quality. It's a bit more than I want to wear most times, but I WILL switch to it from time to time, because it's just handy and seems durable!

A Victorinox SwissChamp fits perfectly in the stock sheath pocket, as does a mylar emergency blanket. You could also fit a small stone, lighter and some tinder / fatwood.

xCWg5pI.jpg

Not sure if I'll get some kydex for x-draw or even a chest carry rig!?

Love this thing! I don't buy knifes for collectable or jewelery purposes. I want to be able to beat on them as needed . :D

Related: Check out these videos:
Jerry Fisk explains blade profiles and it's obvious that the second last one is his favorite, what the BK-15 has on it with the swedge to improve material flow and in the second video, even uses a BK-15 for a sharpening demonstration.

I was always disappointed that the bk5 and bk15 were discontinued. Those are two Beckers I wish were a permanent part of their lineup.

Congrats; not only is it a very functional knife but it is an absolute beauty.

I love mine. The only knife I ever gave away was a brand new bk15 with factory micarta. Should have given him a bk17 as I have a few of those. Had to find a replacement.

The 15 is a phenomenal knife, good score!

Back