Got my EK44 on Thursday... WOW!

Okay, I'm a dyed in the wool Ka-Bar Fan-Geezer. I've said it before, and am proud of it... There's just something visceral, when grasping the handle of a Ka-Bar- virtually any Ka-Bar... This one, the EK44, is no different. Like the EK45 I'd gotten the previous week, it's a fine piece of work. I like it's heft, length, design, and quality of manufacture. It just plain feels like a fighting knife- a Ka-Bar...

Weight is more than my Sykes-Fairbairn and Applegate-Fairbairn knives. So, too, it's heavier than Gerbers or SOGs... To me, they're great knives, but not what I now look for, which is a greater display of "substance." Both EK44 and EK45 have the same feel to me, as my Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS pistols, or my much earlier Colt Mk IV, Series 70 handguns. You just know that Man finally got something right. For lethality, it's the little things that mount up, giving confidence to one's intents and actions.

I seriously doubt that we'll ever have a truly durable coating, not even DLC, that will be durable enough for serious difficulties, long term...

zzyzzogeton, I did get the false edge of my EK45 almost perfect... An hour, before my hands gave out. Will work more on it tomorrow... Will be happy to have two edges, rather than just one... Never know when you'll need a back stroke/slash...

Think Ka-Bar, in all it's forms, for Christmas presents this, and any year.

God Bless You All, and All who are yours, and may you have a safe, happy, and wondrous Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

exRonin1949

Back