Got my new boker plum wood barlow. Like it, but what's with this flaw in the metal?

Is this common? I'm not a nitpicker...but i spent over 150$ on this. I thought the solingen/tree stamp meant only the best. Am i out of line?
AWCGbO5

Welcome to the forum. My Böker Barlow has a similar mark on the tang. I never noticed it before I read this thread and looked for it.

I have knives that have marks like that in the same place. I don't think it's a problem other than aesthetics.

So boker support got back to me and said it looks like they forgot to polish the tang. They said if i sent it back for a replacement, they would give me the credit for the shipping and handling i would pay. I'm just going to keep it though. I'm satisfied with a mystery solved.

Glad to hear they are taking care of it. I had a Boker lockback knife sent in for repair last year and they had it come back looking better than new. Just to let you know though, be prepared to wait at least a month or longer.

So boker support got back to me and said it looks like they forgot to polish the tang. They said if i sent it back for a replacement, they would give me the credit for the shipping and handling i would pay. I'm just going to keep it though. I'm satisfied with a mystery solved.

Yea, I would just keep it too if I was in your boat (assuming it's going to be a user). Glad you got an answer and that Boker was willing to help though. :) I've dealt with Boker's customer service exactly once and it was top notch.

Back