Got my very first Spyderco. :] Your newest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! :]

20180522_030351.jpg

20180522_030120.jpg

20180522_030148.jpg

Some photos of my very first Spyderco: A Delica with Ghost Jade g10 scales. I am very proud, and somehow feel like I've finally become a real knife enthusiast, now that I've got my own. ^_~

What's your newest Spyderco? I'd love to see them!! :]

I hope you all are having a great morning! ^_^

~ Sparkly

PS: Shoutout to @anthonycastorena2014 for the trade! :]

Boomer52 Lil Para scales make happy. I have the same ones but the previous owner dyed them blue. I used them to dress up my ZDP Delica, but I might strip her down and force her into her original scales to give my newest Spyderco those sexy scales: a Super Blue Delica thanks to a very generous man from New Zealand.

Boomer52 Lil Para scales make happy. I have the same ones but the previous owner dyed them blue. I used them to dress up my ZDP Delica, but I might strip her down and force her into her original scales to give my newest Spyderco those sexy scales: a Super Blue Delica thanks to a very generous man from New Zealand.

Very cool, dkb45 dkb45 ! :] Do you have photos of the dyed blue scales? It would be neat to see what that looks like! but no worries of course. ^_^

Shaman with my name given to me by the owner (Sal) when my original had slight up and down play. Along with a MOP mini necklace knife and Spyderco medallion. Spyderco is a great knife and company. Congrats on discovering them!
qnv6lf.jpg

Wow! This is so cool, Jill! ^_^ Yeah, they are so great. I had the privilege of getting to see the factory in Golden; it was one of the very first things we did after moving to Denver! :]

Shaman with my name given to me by the owner (Sal) when my original had slight up and down play. Along with a MOP mini necklace knife and Spyderco medallion. Spyderco is a great knife and company. Congrats on discovering them!
qnv6lf.jpg

I really like the Shaman and wish I pulled the trigger on it before the price hike.

That's a cool personal touch from Sal and Spyderco!

GB2 is a good one. I need to pick up another, thanks for the reminder :D

The Shaman has almost perfect ergos for me. I just can’t get past the leaf blade shape. Going to end up getting rid of mine when I get around to it. The grip is excellent though.

Wow! This is so cool, Jill! ^_^ Yeah, they are so great. I had the privilege of getting to see the factory in Golden; it was one of the very first things we did after moving to Denver! :]
You went to the factory without buying a knife at the factory store??? :eek:

Kidding, congrats on your first Spyderco! I carried a Police model for years when I lived on Capitol Hill and worked out in Lakewood. I have found Colorado police very lenient on blade size when Spyderco is concerned, but then, I was never making trouble with my knife either.

Be sure to take your new knife with you on future visits to the SFO (Spyderco Factory Outlet), they will sharpen it up for you.

ETA: Oh yeah, and my latest, I think, is the Baby Jess Horn, grey G10 and just a great little knife. Love the size of it. But I got an Advocate recently, and it has become a true favorite.

Last edited:
'Gratz, Sparkles :thumbsup:

It's not a Spyderco, but I've got this bad boy on its way from Greece, made by one of our very own BF makers:

Hello everybody!
Lovely knife for outdoor activities and really light feel in the hand!

Steel: 1070 high carbon steel
Handle: Burned oak wood with aluminum pins and lanyard tube.

Dimensions:
Overall lenght: 25 cm - 9.8''
Blade lenght: 13 cm - 5.11''
Blade widght: 3.3 cm - 1.29''
Blade thickness: 4mm - 0.157 inches
Handle lenght: 11.5 cm - 4.5''
Weight: 180 grams - 6.34 ounches

Differentially heat treated by drawing back the spine.
Finished with ferric chloride.
It comes with a leather sheath.

Price:SOLD
Free international shipping with priority mail and a tracking number.
Via PayPal.

5orzqzi.jpg

no15xfw.jpg

Lv8gCTD.jpg

D46ezyD.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Tony.

Excellent score there sparkly! The Delica is hugely popular for good reason.
I gave my mother a VG10 Delica, it lives in her purse. She likes its ergos, easy for her to grip safely with old hands.

My most recent Spyderco is this Para3, love me some CF/S90V.
XRzEGZM.jpg

Nice badcomrade^
Are there any other LC200N spydercos (besides the salt series)?

As far as I'm aware, they just have LC200N in their salt series knives, but on the Spyderco forums people have been talking about LC200N being used in their other regular production knives like the PM2 and Native 5. Hopefully they do! Takes a great edge and feels very similar to S30V in edge retention.

qnv6lf.jpg

Awesome Jill!! Had a similar experience with Sal when I bought my first Spydie!!
He should give seminars on how a CEO should interact with his customers!
Enjoy it!
Joe

Great knife Sparkly - congrats! Awesome scales.

palonej palonej I agree on Sal. That or seminars along the lines of "how never to work a day in your life." I know he works hard, but I think he enjoys it quite a bit more than I enjoy my job. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back