• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed of my DDR knife big time ! No longer stolen !

Oh, the current seller also goes by the IG handle @jorocky_. That account has the initials JSR in the description, which coincides with Jonakee Reynolds pretty well. If you are blocking people on IG, you may wish to add that account as well.

If you go through the list of his followers it looks like a few family members are on the list...and could be contacted to find him.

Agreed.

A knife flipper got burned. Meh....

You're twisting my words. Just because I don't have a high opinion of the OP, doesn't mean I think it was OK to scam him. It just means I'm less likely to want to do business with him. Same applies to you, due to your posts in this sub-forum.

I can't believe this kid is still doing this. Worse- I can't believe his local law enforcement hasn't put a stop to it, or his parents, or somebody, anybody. This is up in grand larceny territory and we know all about him, where he lives, everything. He's gonna keep on screwing around and eventually somebody isn't going to let it slide, and the next thing you know this fool will be on a missing poster.

I can't believe this kid is still doing this. He's gonna keep on screwing around and eventually somebody isn't going to let it slide, and the next thing you know this fool will be on a missing poster.

I just watched a pretty decent movie last week, titled: "Law Abiding Citizen"

I hope this turns out to be the case (messes with the wrong person).

Last edited:
I think that the punk wants to attract the attention of a serious and unforgiving person. Stealing extremely expensive knives, from people with money and means is probably a good way to facilitate that result.

I can't believe this kid is still doing this. Worse- I can't believe his local law enforcement hasn't put a stop to it, or his parents, or somebody, anybody. This is up in grand larceny territory and we know all about him, where he lives, everything. He's gonna keep on screwing around and eventually somebody isn't going to let it slide, and the next thing you know this fool will be on a missing poster.
I can't believe our community is still using friends and family and making trades with people without any feedback or vetted members.

I don't like they got scammed but its def there fault also.

I can't believe our community is still using friends and family and making trades with people without any feedback or vetted members.

I don't like they got scammed but its def there fault also.

This was a trade.

This was a trade.
Right. That's how this guy does most of his stealing. He has zero feedback and has anyone asked around if they done trades successfully with him.

If you trade with someone that hasn't been vetted, you are taking a huge risk.

Right. That's how this guy does most of his stealing. He has zero feedback and has anyone asked around if they done trades successfully with him.

If you trade with someone that hasn't been vetted, you are taking a huge risk.

The guy who lost his knife is a collector in Russia...he's a little bit out of the loop here unfortunately (not on the forums and failed to ask around)...he's genuinely a good guy and in no way deserves to get ripped off

The guy who lost his knife is a collector in Russia...he's a little bit out of the loop here unfortunately (not on the forums and failed to ask around)...he's genuinely a good guy and in no way deserves to get ripped off
AGAIN i never said anything about people deserving to get ripped off. no one deserves that. its partly his fault for blindly trusting someone he doesnt know and didn't do any research on. the fact of the matter is scamming is wrong and the people who do it should be put in jail cause it is stealing.

it doesnt matter if someones out of the loop. Vetting a trader its just something people should do. granted we dont all do it.

Last edited:
AGAIN i never said anything about people deserving to get ripped off. no one deserves that. its partly his fault for blindly trusting someone he doesnt know and didn't do any research on. the fact of the matter is scamming is wrong and the people who do it should be put in jail cause it is stealing. it doesnt matter if someones out of the loop. its just something people should do. granted we dont all do it.

I'm in full agreement with you, and don't believe that you implied otherwise. His friends (myself included) simply wish that he would've run this deal by one of us here in the USA prior to sending off a rare and costly knife. He failed to do so, leading to the present (ongoing) drama.

Reactions: Mo2
I don't know your friend, but I know of this little piece of garbage that's been ripping people off.
His MO is to offer lopsided trades I the other person's favor.
So maybe greed factors in.
The OP of this mess got dragged into his deal with a lopsided offer.
If a deal sounds too good to be true.......
I feel for the guys getting burned, but do some research.
You aren't getting a Thornburn for a Delica.

I'm in full agreement with you, and don't believe that you implied otherwise. His friends (myself included) simply wish that he would've run this deal by one of us here in the USA prior to sending off a rare and costly knife. He failed to do so, leading to the present (ongoing) drama.

Back