Got some screws loose

Anyone happen to know what Spyderco warranty usually does for g10 rethread needs? My blurple PM2 clip screws won’t anchor any longer on 2 of 3 screws. I think they just thread into the g10, right? Thanks in advance.

They thread into the liners. Are the screws stripped possibly?

$25 I think will cover all/any work needed and return shipping. Of course if the screws are stripped, I think it is around $8+shipping for a clip/screw set for the pm2. Just know they will take care of you no matter what.

Thanks, buddy. For some reason I think the g10 threading is worn out. I’m not sure how they would remedy that short of putting another g10 slab on there with fresh threading.

Thanks, buddy. For some reason I think the g10 threading is worn out. I’m not sure how they would remedy that short of putting another g10 slab on there with fresh threading.

It’s not the g10 that is threaded. It is the nested liners. They can re-tap them if needed. If it is warranty, free. If not, $20 covers any machining or parts needed. Then $5 for return shipping. About the only thing they don’t do for $20 is reblade a knife. They won’t do that at all. Period. Your issue I’m sure will be remedied with a return to Spyderco in Golden, Co.
And again, if the screws themselves are stripped, all you have to do is call them and order a clip and screw set. I’ve even heard of customers getting them at no charge sometimes.

Edit: They will also resharpen it unless you specify not to if you send it in

Screws go into the liners. _Much_ more likely than the liners, the screws are stripped. Check them out with a loupe.

Always counter turn the screws until they "click" before you tighten them.

Thanks, all. I remember trying some other screws with the same outcome. Weird, but I've been carrying for half a year, once or twice a week on average. The screws were fine then recently I felt the clip come looser, side to side action. Got the tools out and then they wouldn't seat properly. Spin spin spin. Don't have a loupe, great suggestion and thanks on the reverse screw hint also.

I'm going to look at them one more time today after work and then send them on back for warranty service. Good thing I have a few other knives. Will send in my ZDP Endura at the same time just for a sharpening, may as well. I have been using the Sharpmaker but want to see how both of those come back from sharpening vs my sharpening. I can't ever seem to get exactly what I want on S110v for sharpness after the 4 grits (diamond to ultra fine) then a green compound strop. My best work on the Sharpmaker is with 204p and m390.

My green C-Tek scales from Cuscadi should be here in days and I'll fit that to my NIB Rex 45 PM2, can't wait to see that come together. You know I'll post pics!

Aloha and mahalo, y'all!

Back