Graham Razel ss3

I recently received one in trade and when I opened her up to clean. I noticed the bearings came out of the cages and also the bearings have worn a good groove in the titanium. Does anyone know where I can get some replacement bearings and maybe some washers to go in for the bearings to ride on. Thank you for your assistance.

I noticed the bearings came out of the cages and also the bearings have worn a good groove in the titanium
I don't know but am saddened to hear such a thing happened to such a fine knife :( :( :(
Maybe put the bearings back in place; they tend to be very tough little objects.
The washers may not work because everything is set up to be assembled as is. In other words the washers are going to spread the knife sides open and bow them and then they may not run parallel to each other and the blade pivot bolt may not tighten down at the correct point and then you will more than likely have to lock tite it to keep it from coming loose.
. . . can of worms . . . ?

It is just kind of the nature of these older style bearing knives he made (to clarify, designed), my GMT stubby is the same way.
It hasn't been a problem yet for me, not causing any bladeplay or wobbliness and naturally, the knife is several years old now.
It would be difficult as said above to add washers and still retain the tolerances that were initially intended during production.

Jon is a good guy, contacting him via message on FB might yield you a better response time.

Back