Grand Baby Chitlangi

nahhhhh... i think it should stick to being a fixed blade :D
but i wouldnt mind seeing the bura folders being produced again :)

i personally prefer a hole like kosters wsk :D
but it would be intersting to also have a choil where the cho would be instead :)
guess it would depend on your taste... but kosters wsk finger hole seems to be more secure for me.

Thought I should have a shot of the Grand Baby Chitlangi with its full sized brother, a 21" Chitlangi.
Lloyd
4753Chitlangislargesmall.jpg

OK - back to EDC knife design.

I love that pic.

The small one look as well made than the bigger. I wasn't expecting it to be elseway, but still.

yup a finger hole instead of a cho.....
it would allow more control with a knife this small :p
think about it... hmmmm time to start sketching lmao :D

EDIT: just by looking at westforks pics above...
you can see he has to choke up pretty high (past the bolster) to get a comfortable grip.
notice his index finger is directly where the cho is. so now imagine a hole for you to slip your finger into there
and a wide maybe even extra WIDE leafy blade similar to the baby BDC from a few days ago that bladite managed to snag.

hmmm or how about a blade like a foxy folly or YCS. :)
i know bladite has been dying for something like a BABY FOXY FOLLY to come out lol :rolleyes:

well, you folx are all ignoring the obvious... :)

the kerambit. it has a finger notch, and not a cho. the blade itself (ignoring the handle) is about 1 inch shorter than the lovely NEEM baby BDC there (your gf can't have it Jai ;>), and it it has a pink hole - both of these knives feature the wide sweeping leafy goodness, fullers, and a 3 finger grip (index,middle,ring), thoug you can choke up, esp nicely on the kerambit for a full hander.

i have dan koster's nice kydex sheath with the slip through (ie: not locking) teklok and it's a nice rig - definitely edc, stout and should sharpen up nice. it's VERY beefy. not subtle :)

that NEEM is very fragrant too :> people would always be asking if i carried the BDC what it is :>

a kerambit in stag would be a sweet carry :)

bladite

lol... youre right bladite
i was waiting for you in here
what if you move the pinky hole up forward to make it an index finger hole?
then change the blade geometry to something more wide and leafy

ehhhh just ideas lol :) :D :rolleyes:

i hearby call for a new knife to be made by HI !!!

o start with the existing HI kerambit
o lose the "false edge" or at least make it rounder
o make the overall blade thinner, almost 1/3 at least but no more than 1/2
o a bit more on the fuller action
o a bit leafier
o a bit longer on the blade, the handle isn't bad actually
o handle materials - mmm, chandan, g10, translucent antlers
o it must come with a kydex sheath :)

call it "foxybit" :)

what do you think?

bladite

i hearby call for a new knife to be made by HI !!!

o start with the existing HI kerambit
o lose the "false edge" or at least make it rounder
o make the overall blade thinner, almost 1/3 at least but no more than 1/2
o a bit more on the fuller action
o a bit leafier
o a bit longer on the blade, the handle isn't bad actually
o handle materials - mmm, chandan, g10, translucent antlers
o it must come with a kydex sheath :)

call it "foxybit" :)

what do you think?

bladite

Email sent!:D

I think we're going somewhere ;)

Gentlemen, behold the first draft....

edckhuk.jpg

still playin with the guard/hole/choil, patent pending. Never drawn fullers in my life, i'd rather it be flat ground. the one-piece grip wraps around like a pistol, think pachmayr and hogue, only maybe made of solid wood and burned through quick n' dirty, then chiruwa'd in for good. maybe even layered leather, same as the scabbards.

lol....very very nice
its official... we've totally lost our minds :D
one thing though... i see that choil design limiting various grip options
a finger hole would be better like dan kosters wsk...
it would provide more control for a knife of this size... for ummmmm jabbing and stabbing strikes lol
just my 2cents ;)

actually, that finger hole is more limiting in some ways than you think...

mmmm

there's not a point in having a big ass leafy blade without fullers :) then ya might as well be all about the edge and have a tiger claw.

foxybit, leafy, fullery goodness with a ring. somewhere :)

bladite

i don't see what advantage a finger hole would have over the choil guard in use except lowering the possibility of snagging when you draw. i'll give your idea a shot and come back and post the results in a few minutes. Another reason i didn't use the hole was that i didn't wanna rip dan off.

we'll keep the fullers. I just realized i forgot the etching, too. should i put em in?

this is fun.

we are still talking about a knife thats in the 7.5" OAL range right?
if so i prefer a finger hole over the choil guard... probably my preference cause i have the "neck knife" idea burned in my head lol... :thumbup: :D
i keep on imagining something im wearing around my neck in a kydex sheath... :rolleyes:

thus the first draft begat the second draft.....

edckhuk2.jpg

that finger hole may be better as a plain old guard or goin down a quarter of the loop, stopping at three o'clock, in line with the rivet.

added the scale, etchings, and even crappier lookin fullers than the first ones.

also, i'm aware how dumb it must look to submit amateur knife designs on a forum infested with professional knife makers and steel junkies who've seen and thought just about everything possible that relates to the knife.

Back