Grand Baby Chitlangi

hmmmm, i like that design a lot more....
if thats a rough actual size... they must be made for nepali hands and small fingers :)
i definitely see it coming together though... nice drawings

thus the first draft begat the second draft.....

edckhuk2.jpg

that finger hole may be better as a plain old guard or goin down a quarter of the loop, stopping at three o'clock, in line with the rivet.

added the scale, etchings, and even crappier lookin fullers than the first ones.

interesting...

i'd wonder about the little ... tentacle there interferring with sliding grips for different chores. the finger grooves might be cool... mmm...

oh and it has to come in villager or aged finish ;) gots to. villager - we do the aging later. i like this. my dream knife, sketched while i sit back ;)

hee

bladite

also, i'm aware how dumb it must look to submit amateur knife designs on a forum infested with professional knife makers and steel junkies who've seen and thought just about everything possible that relates to the knife.

you know youre having tons of fun though :D
and who knows!!! this thing may get produced and you designed it. woot woot!!! :D
as bladite said... that choil guard is kinda awkward. im not sure how they would produce that also
lets give the ring a try :rolleyes:

oh oh oh, and scale should be bolt on too :)

ahahahha

bladite

tentacle? you mean the guard or the pommell? speak up man!

I'm considering opening up the cho a little more too.

hmmmm, i like that design a lot more....
if thats a rough actual size... they must be made for nepali hands and small fingers :)
i definitely see it coming together though... nice drawings

yeah, you're right, those finger grooves are pretty tight...back to the drawing board.

the guard... lose the cho and throw in a finger ring :D
i want to see :D

so wait a second, four finger grooves in the grip and a finger ring where the cho is or three grooves and a ring for the index finger with no cho, similar to the first draft?

finger ring where cho is and 4 finger grooves :thumbup:
yep similar to the first draft :)

i guess i'll pull it back out of the trash. third and fourth drafts comin up. i think fourth is it.

i tried, i had to give it a way bigger blade to not balance it out, it went off the page. this one's closer to 9". not the ugliest thing i ever saw.

edckhuk3.jpg

and finally, the fourth draft

edckhuk4.jpg

this piece includes elements from a few him imps i've found admirable.

lol... ok scratch the finger ring
go back to sketch #2 and instead of the choil guard how about a regular guard?

EDIT: nice 4th draft... nice!!!

Post #53 is my favourite :)
I'm more for a groove than a hole, but a file could solve that.

Do we really need the hole at the end? Do we want a khukri or a kerambit?
Don't forget what the kamis are working with.

Finger grooves on all of the handles? Maybe more like a R-4 or buck's Fixed alpha Hunter.

Thumb grip is a good idea :)

Don't think there's a need for a mirror finish, villager would be fine.

OAL? For a EDC, I think 7.5" would be better; a bigger knife would limit some people because of local laws.

I wonder what others think about this...

Boy, when you guys hijack a thread you really do it well. Some very interesting ideas out there. Magnum, your drawings are really useful for comparing ideas. Some passing ideas and thoughts:
-I like the addition of the jimping on the 4th draft.
-That flying curved guard looks painful.
-Since you have somewhat of a choil up there, why not use it instead of the guard?
-Maybe too busy of a handle for a small knife. Current version would fit a small-handed six-fingered Martian well:D
-Dedicated finger grooves limit who can use it as it is too restrictive on hand size. For instance Hogue handgun monogrips work fine for some people but not others because of the finger groove spacing. Ahh, but they make a top finger groove only model that still indexes your hand but lets the other fingers find their own space.
Good work guys:)
Lloyd

Edited to add: Now I know what this looks like - a cross between a kerambit and brass knuckles.

Boy, when you guys hijack a thread you really do it well. Some very interesting ideas out there.

:D I created a monster by mentionning "Khukri EDC". I love creating monsters.

Well, maybe we should summarize what have been said here and stard a new thread.

But not me not now, need to go back to my books. Back in a few hours.
Then the west coast guys will be awaken :p

No need to start a new thread. Maybe a moderator could add "& Khukri EDC Design" to the title.
Lloyd

Back