Grandpa's pocketknife. Update: Thank you, Glennbad!

Wow!!! That turned out phenomenal r8shell! What a fantastic treasure!

I must have missed this thread the first time round Rachel :( Fantastic, thoughtful restoration by Glennbad, and a smashing keepsake as a result :) :thumbsup:

That is something else Rachel, congratulations on saving your Grandfathers knife. Glenn, great job on that knife!

That's really great that you are able to keep the knife in the character it came to you in but fixed up. glennbad glennbad does some great work!

Absolutely stunning result. I always liked that old goldstone celluloid, and the kirinite has the exact same look.

Great job glennbad glennbad . r8shell r8shell love grandpa's rank insignia that he wore will serving, more precious than the knife to someone like me.

Thanks for sharing the history and process of your Grandfather’s Knife. Nice work, Glenn! This made my morning.

Great job glennbad glennbad . r8shell r8shell love grandpa's rank insignia that he wore will serving, more precious than the knife to someone like me.
I have clear memories of playing with all the "pretty ribbons and pins" when I was very young. ;) It's amazing I didn't lose them, and grampa should have gotten a medal for patience. :D

Back