Gransfors Bruks Initials

I was just curious if any of you are aware of any of the smiths are making a slightly higher quality axe, or if they are all on an even playing field? Are there any smiths you would prefer?

US Ulrika Stridsberg
UN Ulrik Nielsson
MM Mattias Mattsson
AS Anders Strömstedt
LP Lennart Pettersson
KS Kjell-Ake Sjölund
RA Rune Andersson
DG Daniel Gräntz
BA Bert-Ove Andersson

any of them, they each have about 30+ years experience of making axes at the GB factory

I don't know I have a mini and that's only made by one guy. :D LP I think.

I have a mini too, yup only the one guy making those...

I had a rare KS 11.5" hatchet that was awesome!
Never could find another one like it.

Didn't have that typical GB beard:

med_1259527612-DSCN2168.JPG

Ulrik Nielsson did a superb job on my SFA!:thumbup::thumbup:

Wow, I wouldn't be that comfortable with my hands 2" away from molten steel or those fordging machines....

I was just curious if any of you are aware of any of the smiths are making a slightly higher quality axe, or if they are all on an even playing field?

I wonder if their are any dealers that deal in a high volume that would notice any difference or if within the factory if any one smith is known as the BEST.

I've got an older Large Splitting Axe by "MS". I guess he retired. :)

Jeff

I just got a GB small forest axe two days ago [shipped from a friend in Sweden] - made by MM [Mattias Mattsson]. It's a thing of beauty, I can't wait to use it.

My GB mini bears Lennart Pettersson's stamp.

Excellent piece of equipment :thumbup::thumbup:

Kind regards
Mick

I ONLY buy the Lennart Pettersson axe heads. :p :D

Seriously, I have GB's by both MM and LP, and they're equally good. :thumbup:

Axes1.jpg

My Hunter's Axe?.....

KS Kjell-Ake Sjölund..... anyone have a phonetic spelling? (I'm thinking, Keyell-ack Sholoond) anyway you say it, he did a helluva job on this baby!

Rick

my mini is said to be made by one special forger. however all g.f. products are excellent.much of axe work depends on experience. a novice with best product can not be more efficent than an experienced user with a marginal axe.

Back