Great Eastern 38s Farmers Jack

Last week I was showing Jamie's 38 to my brother before I mailed it back. He thought it was cool and really liked the patina on the blades. He called me and he got two of them just like Jamie's. Plus side? One will be a gift to me!!! So, I officially now have a 38! I'll post some pics of it soon.

Another great gift story to make my day today on the porch. Can't wait to see it glock

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Love that diamond shield, Macc. Very nice photo. Is it a small sharpening stone next to it on the leather slip?

Love that diamond shield, Macc. Very nice photo. Is it a small sharpening stone next to it on the leather slip?

Yessir. It's a Spyderco ceramic pocket stone they made last decade. Not only does the rings porthole sharpen the Orchard Gem perfectly, the leather they used for the slip has a special ability to be a very effective strop for recurve blades.

On some homegrown carrots:

Well heck! I never posted any pics of my 38. Here they are. Better late than never.
gec38a.jpggec38.jpg

Can I ask bout sharpening a hawkbill blade? I use a Spyderco Sharpmaker on my wharncliffe and drop point blades and probably do a slightly below average job of it. Hey I'm learning. :) any special tricks needed for these?

A few years ago we moved to five acres and I've planted about 75 trees, bushes, etc. I have a lot of pruning in my future and figure one of these needs to be in my tiny collection and pocket.

Here's a pic of where I've done most of my planting even though it's hard to see. The kids are crossing a bridge I built to cross the passive irrigation I dug. The technique is called Swales.

Back