Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

These knives are from an experimental run in 2011. Bill agreed to try a Schrade-look jigging on this nice #66 pattern, using a rich red color to give it some soul! They all were meant to be Bullwinkles (small-sized Moose) patterns, but Bill had some stockman pattern blades, and so did a few of those also. Less than 20 knives total. I somehow let all the Stock knives slip away, but thanks to Barry at GunstockJack, I now own the pair again for my archive! Thanks Barry!!!:thumbsup:
When these were made, the TC Barlow was just a gleam in a little Moose's eye!!:)
We've come quite a distance since then!!
Bullwinkle and Bro 1.jpg Bullwinkle and Bro 2.jpg Bullwinkle and Bro 3.jpg

That sure is pretty jigging and goes great with that color. Has gec ever made a spear blade stockman or has it been discussed? Not that i dislike a clip point but a spear would be pretty sweet.

I really like to see a spear main cattle knife on the 68 or 35 pattern . As far as I know no spear main on stock/ cattle knife so far

Oh man...I have the moose version...now I have (yet another) something else to keep an eye out for...
These knives are from an experimental run in 2011. Bill agreed to try a Schrade-look jigging on this nice #66 pattern, using a rich red color to give it some soul! They all were meant to be Bullwinkles (small-sized Moose) patterns, but Bill had some stockman pattern blades, and so did a few of those also. Less than 20 knives total. I somehow let all the Stock knives slip away, but thanks to Barry at GunstockJack, I now own the pair again for my archive! Thanks Barry!!!:thumbsup:
When these were made, the TC Barlow was just a gleam in a little Moose's eye!!:)
View attachment 815334 View attachment 815335 View attachment 815336

Spear-main Stockmen are quite rare, probably because it's a little tricky to get that blade to lay right in a serpentine handle. They are nice to see though!!
I do not recall any by GEC - yet, anyway . . . . . . . . . .

Mulberry Moose....mmmmm I am really gravitating to mulberry...huh

Apparently a Moose will eat apples and berries! And lotsa green stuff!:D

I hope Alan won't mind if I take this opportunity to post a photo of a Case humpback stockman with spear main:
bvS0O09.jpg

GhPAKzQ.jpg

- GT

There's an interesting take on the three blade knife on the exchange. It's a Canal Street Cutlery cannitler. It has a canoe pattern body with a spear main, two secondaries are a pen and a sheepsfoot. .

Nothing is quite like schrades peachseed, but those are very nice homages none the less. Certainly nothing to complain about:thumbsup:

I hope Alan won't mind if I take this opportunity to post a photo of a Case humpback stockman with spear main:
bvS0O09.jpg

GhPAKzQ.jpg

- GT
That's a nice-looking knife!! My personal prejudice wishes it's blades were 1095 or CV, but my compliments to the designers of the pattern! I've always admired the "Pocketworn" look from Case. Usually more carefully dyed and finished!

I am a little late to the party but there are still plenty of 66 models out there.
Does anyone have a pic of an Antique Autumn Jig Bone next to either a Hemlock Green Jig Bone or the Blood Red Jig Bone (or any combination of the 3 choices) ?

Thanks

I am a little late to the party but there are still plenty of 66 models out there.
Does anyone have a pic of an Antique Autumn Jig Bone next to either a Hemlock Green Jig Bone or the Blood Red Jig Bone (or any combination of the 3 choices) ?

Thanks

I posted this photo back in June but this is such a long thread you may have missed it. Thanks for the likes, by the way.
Calf Ropers.JPG

Thanks Railsplitter. Makes my choice easier.....or maybe harder now. Hemlock is winning so far unless I find one with lighter wood. Have a few ebony already and I should diversify a bit

Back