• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Great Eastern Cutlery Availability, Dealers, "Drops", Etc.: A Place for People to Vent

Hey, @Behr95 care to comment?
qhRtfp7.jpg

Hopefully nobody takes the bait on that crazy price....but I'm sure someone will be willing to pay for it....:(:mad::confused:

Yeah, hopefully nobody goes that crazy. But you never know. Good to see some photos showing up, but it's doing nothing to help my jealousy. Had one in the cart and didn't make it. Bah.

I've been in contact with Ken. He was on a family vacation. I believe he'll be sending out invoices very soon.
Whew....okay cool. I'm sure he is annoyed with all the calls and emails...

Dang...so dealers were selling these without ever posting them on their sites?

I’ve been checking 100 times a day...No wonder these never showed up for sale.

Take solace in the fact that you were not alone. It is a little irritating to have a list of websites given as the dealers when some are really a secret email list.

Take solace in the fact that you were not alone. It is a little irritating to have a list of websites given as the dealers when some are really a secret email list.
Ya...lesson learned

That's apparently the case with a few dealers. What I posted earlier in this thread seems to have changed. I don't have a problem with it (i.e. they run their businesses, not me), but it's good info to know.

I agree, that makes sense now. They can run their business how they like...but they wont be getting any of my future business.

There are nine Waynorth Cutlery dealers. About a month ago I sent a message to all nine dealers about the Waynorth Lamb's Foot.

One is in France and one is in the U.K. so those are out (for U.S. buyers). That leaves us with seven.

Of those seven, two (KSF and TKC) have done "free for all" drops where they make them available for sale on their website and it's first come, first serve. Those sold out in under 3 minutes.

Of the five remaining vendors, one didn't reply to my message at all (JSR). The remaining four (BCC, GSJ, NKC, and CK) do a reserve waitlist and all were basically full long ago.

Hey, @Behr95 care to comment?

Is there anything stopping us from compiling a list here in GB&U of people who are known for purchasing limited release knives and flipping them at high profits?

Last edited:
Is there anything stopping us from compiling a list here in GB&U of people who are known for purchasing limited release knives and flipping them at high profits?

I don't think the Mods want us to go in that direction. No forum rules broken. Just general douche-baggery.

Last edited:
Well put, and very well explained, with a very strong argument for there business model.:thumbsup:

Back