Great experience with their knives

Dergyll

Gold Member
Just wanted to give a shout out, got the paracord backpacker and what a great well made piece. A little larger than expected but the grind and box it came in are superb.

Very quality product, best of luck to you guys.

It's so thin and carrieable, very underrated fixed blade company.

Gotta thank DCA over at knifecenter for showing me this great piece.

The Backpacker, Caper, and Backpacker Pro are some of the finest small fixed blades you can get. Impeccable finish, grind, chamfering, and stonewashing.

Reactions: DMG
I been debating on purchasing a White River M1 backpacker knife or the Cold Steel Spike. I don't know which one to get.

They're different knives, the cold steel is mainly for "tacticool" while the WR is for 99% everything else. It's got a pretty acute tip and can be tacticool too if needed.

I think you'll find the craftsmanship and material to be a few echelons above cold steels that will justify spending the extra money.

Kittery Taping Pest has WR knives, and they're the only company I know that let's you use coupons on their expensive knives. I got my WRs there with their tuesday coupon that was 25% off, great deal. Just google for the coupon, it changes sometimes but almost always public.

Good luck!

Definitely get the White River. Get it with the scales though.
I could not afford the scaled one. I plan on buying or making scales in the not too distant future. I may even try to contact WR to see if I purchase the material if they will cut some to size.

They're different knives, the cold steel is mainly for "tacticool" while the WR is for 99% everything else. It's got a pretty acute tip and can be tacticool too if needed.

I think you'll find the craftsmanship and material to be a few echelons above cold steels that will justify spending the extra money.

Kittery Taping Pest has WR knives, and they're the only company I know that let's you use coupons on their expensive knives. I got my WRs there with their Tuesday coupon that was 25% off, great deal. Just google for the coupon, it changes sometimes but almost always public.

Good luck!

The only thing I got left by C.S. is a red Dragon walking stick and a vintage first year production Bushman. I got a bad feeling Cold Steel will discontinue a lot of their stuff being their online store is still nearly empty almost a year after the GSM buyout.

What turned me off from Cold Steel is not their videos or some of their tacticool stuff. I give them props for trying to have a diverse line up. But their rabid fan base and horrible cult mentality.

I also like the deep Belly and 4 inch handle on the Backpacker which can accommodate my large hands.

Last edited:
Definitely look at their other lineups as well, they're all good stuff. If I see the coupon go up for a week I'll try to remember to post it here.

I have 3 cold steels and they're...okay. I honestly dont carry any of them but they make good beater knives around the house.

Have fun shopping!

Definitely look at their other lineups as well, they're all good stuff. If I see the coupon go up for a week I'll try to remember to post it here.

I have 3 cold steels and they're...okay. I honestly dont carry any of them but they make good beater knives around the house.

Have fun shopping!
I already purchased the backpacker from Dull Knife Terminator which is an authorized online store and EBAY retailer.
And I got mine ordered last night in s35v and Ion coat newest release for $90 free shipping already on the way. And yes I did research them and get verification that they are a legit authorized White River dealer.

I also wanted to thank you for the Kittery Taping Post store link and already subscribed to them online. And plan on making a purchase from them as well.

Good stuff man! Post some pics when you get it!

Edit: ha you beat me to it, great minds think alike I guess lol

I'd like to get a paracord backpacker but until I see a pic of it in hand in holding off even though I really really want one !

There you go bud. Mine's killed mostly fruit (alot of fruit), a few snickers bars (when you really need that calories) and 2 hotdogs. Stonewash hides everything, looks like the day I bought it after cleaning with alcohol pad.

Did I talk about how thin the sheath is? Holy moly.
optimized-6f8b.jpg optimized-wmeu.jpg

Back