Great Movie Knives

What are your favorite knives from the movies. I fell in love with the blade/machete that Denzel uses in the "The Book of Eli". Fantastic looking piece of destruction.

HTM AXD 3D Tanto (Darrel Ralph designed) from The Expendables:

axdopenn2.jpg

http://www.darrelralph.com/

For me the knife isn't from a movie, rather it's from a video game. Leon Kennedy's knife in Resident Evil 4 - which is based on the Mercworx Sniper - is probably the knife that truly got me into knife collecting.

Sebenza in Collateral

Spyderco Civilian and Emerson Folding Karambit in The Punisher

Well I will be the first to say it...The knife from the Hunted. lol Tops tracker. I also like the swords from the Highlander movies.

The lockback knife used by Charles Morse (Anthony Hopkins) in the movie The Edge. Knifemaker Brian Lyttle made it for the movie, but he makes that model different now - with screw construction. Easier to take apart & clean.

I swear I'd trade almost every knife I have for one of those.

~Chris

I can't get my eyes off the böker applegate-fairbairns in Rambo(4)
They kind of steal the show from the movie knife.. :rolleyes:

For me the knife isn't from a movie, rather it's from a video game. Leon Kennedy's knife in Resident Evil 4 - which is based on the Mercworx Sniper - is probably the knife that truly got me into knife collecting.

That's interesting! I never knew or guessed that the knife is based on any real-life design. Great game too!

Spyderco Police, used in numerous movies, but esp. in The Client.

Chris Reeve Sebenza (was it a customized auto version?) in Collateral.

Medium stockman pocketknife in Let Me In.

Brian Lyttle lockback in The Edge.

The tanto knife wielded by Tatsuya Nakadai in the 1971 Yakuza movie, The Wolves.

What looks to be an older Kershaw linerlock model in Tokyo Rampage (a.k.a., Tokyo Psycho). Not the greatest movie, but the lead character has an odd obsession w/knives; only in his case, unlike a proper knifeknut, his isn't a healthy obsession. In one scene, he shows several different knife models.
Jim

Benchmade Model 42 butterfly knife in Kick-Ass

[youtube]JOQw41HfQbE[/youtube]

cobra-knife.jpg

I've seen this one in other places too -- even own one and can't help but wonder about its efficacy as a fighting tool. I guess the concept is "punch and hack." You get caught with those spikes in the head and I wouldn't want to be you; but it's pretty damn awkward.

Back