Great Movie Knives

billy-predator-knife-cut_1203469447.jpg

-Billy's knife from PREDATOR single handedly changed my life, I would love to get an original-

Watching this right now. Made me search for this thread.

"The Big Trail", with John Wayne. Wayne is a trapper leading a wagon train and carries a Puukko and use it, throws it at least once. The "Bad Guy" in the movie talks about how he is not scared of a man with a gun, but is scared of Wayne and his knife. Reference the "Cobra" knife, I was working out of Clark AFB in the Philippines when the movie was shown in the Base theater. On base the Negritos (aboriginal tribe) had rights to live there for helping American service men during WWII. They ran a knife stand, and within two weeks of the movie showing you could buy a 'Cobra" knife from them. Most of the knives were supposedly made from old car springs. I bought a small skinner and a khurki, which I gave to my late friend Chuck Karwan, and he said both blades worked well. John

I always liked the throwing knives from desperado and the daggers made out of files from the original punisher movie

Not anything that I have watched recently but, I have to agree with a lot of the posters on here, the Rambo knives were actually stars of the movies! When you heard that they were making another Rambo movie you couldn't wait to see the bad a** knife he was going to have in it! I loved those knives! The Crocodile Dundee bowie was one of the best things about those movies, too!!!

If you google "John Wayne The Big Trail", there is a photo of him without a hat looking at the camera, that has a good photo of the puukko. John

I always thought the one carried by Rutger Hauer in the 1986 version of The Hitcher was cool. I know it's just a NATO Military, but it had yellow handle scales, which I'd never seen on that model, before or since. I looked high and low for one for years afterward, but never found one. Has anyone ever seen a commercially available NATO Military with yellow handles? Strange choice for a movie alteration by a prop department.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-54KDHMHIYP4/UsCJDBrF-GI/AAAAAAAAecM/X5kRi1Nm3Ls/s1600/hitcher6.JPG

-Steve

Was watching Saw 3D last night. Saw the serial killer Mark Hoffman use some sort of spear point tactical folder to stab 4 people in the throat. I could not ID it though. He also used a knife in Saw vi. Looked like an OTF of some sort with a partially serrated edge

Sylvester Stallone used an early liner lock with pearl handles and a flat grind blade in Cobra (1986) custom made by Michael Walker.

That one was a United Cutlery dagger, made by Camillus. Back when SMKW was selling the Camillus blanks & unfinished pieces, I got one of those in one of the lots I bought. It bugged me for months, because it looked so familiar - then a member here posted about it.

The sad thing is that some twit figured out that the scales & parts from the M7 bayonet will fit this blade blank, and I've seen one for sale on ebay, built up with those parts. There's another for sale now. :grumpy: (Wrong ring guard, you !!%*!@!! moron!)

~Chris

Hi Chris,
I appreciate that you are taking a hiatus on forums but I just wanted to see if I could ask you about your comments on the T2 knife. I recently bought a knife that is allegedly the same knife used in the film, reading your comments I am concerned it is a blade blank as mentioned, I guess what I am asking is, how could I determine whether it is a blank as mentioned or one of the originals from the film
Regards Lee

Back